• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Rediscovering silver & gold

SilverTanner

Hello all,

I'm not quite new to silver and gold as I have been a coin collector for many years (very numismatic which would bore the pants of most people!) and seem to have ended up with some random 'bullion' coins over that time. The silver seems to be 1989 to 2006 and this means I missed the big run up in prices but also the more recent drop.

I couldn't have been completely asleep between 2006 and now as I do seem to have a complete set of 1oz silver series 1 lunars. Now that I am awake again it has been great to find this Forum and the general interest in the bullion market seems to have exploded somewhat!

Looking forward to contributing where I can.

SilverTanner

Welcome to the forum ST.

Very nice to find a full set of S1 lunar ounces, don't suppose you have a date run of pandas too do you [emoji1]

There certainly has been a big explosion in the bullion market over the last couple of years, but I'm hoping this is just the start of it - if things go nuts, all these coins we are buying may be worth a pretty penny at some point.

Stacker since 2013

Hi & welcome, glad you are back out of hibernation :), When I started collecting mid 2012 the series 1 lunar 1ozers was one the 1st sets I collected, beautiful set. Do you still collect the lunars ?

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Many thanks for your kind welcome.

Danny-boy: I am afraid just 2001 to 2006 for the Pandas – the collector in me did recently look at trying to complete sets by acquiring missing dates and I was very surprised at some of the prices, I should have bought things as they were released!

Motorbikez: Yes still interested in the lunars and I have to say all the Perth Mint coins seem very good quality, I think I may focus on the larger sizes now given their lower mintages. The gold lunars look particularly nice.

ST

Archived