• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

So what did you get for Christmas?

Danny-boy

A bit early I guess, but this thread is to tell people what you got for Christmas, PM or not.

I know my mother has bought me a 16 coin cased set, but I don't have a clue what it is.

I'd also be interested to know what you will enter gift PMs as on your spreadsheet. £0 to bring the average down? I know that's what I'll be doing!!!

Any excuse to lower that £22.95 average [emoji1]

Hope you all get bought some great silver & gold.

Stacker since 2013

I know my mother has bought me a 16 coin cased set, but I don't have a clue what it is.

I think she has bought you the 16 coin cased Sydney Olympics set Danny ;)

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

I think she has bought you the 16 coin cased Sydney Olympics set Danny ;)

Ha ha, just imagine if you are right!!! That hadn't even crossed my mind.

Much more likely to be some sort of British commemorative I reckon.

Stacker since 2013

My mum gave me an 1899 sovereign :) and a 1/2 sov Victoria mourning head mounted in a ring. The ring is my old mans and the sov originally came from my grandad. He came over from Ireland after the war and dug it up while labouring!

It was a lovely surprise to open up! I am not going to add them to my spreadsheet as I hope I never need to sell them.

Happy Christmas to all!

My misses has bought my some chocolate coins from m&s ;)

I guess she doesn't like my hobby!

My brother got me some Shulz coin albums, they're smaller than a sheet of A5 piece of paper and I've got a small (sov size), medium (1/2oz) and large (1oz) size set. The sovereign sized one has inserts for 24 a page with 8 pages (192 coins by my count). I won't need another storage medium for these size coins for as long as I live.

All my gold is going into 'em (which isn't much) as they look so much nicer (IMO), it also means more storage for silver in my case & is significantly smaller and could be hidden on a bookshelf or the like.

Dead chuffed.

Today I was given this for my Christmas present....

5c7b6e1fb1bf70a2a22bb20c30cfb12b.jpg

c053464e2d8d2b376de235885dc2bade.jpg

abee53800d78ff3c778f75276aac3bca.jpg

I can't find anything about it online, I don't even know if they are actually silver - though they do look like it.

It's a French Second World War commemorative set, that's about all I know.

Any ideas?

Stacker since 2013

You know my mum gave me a Royal Mint sized box wrapped up, I thought wow, maybe she has gotten me a silver/gold proof coin, I thought "ahh she shouldn't have"

Opened it, It was a yoyo?! lol in a box 

No idea why she got me a yoyo, random as fudge. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

You know my mum gave me a Royal Mint sized box wrapped up, I thought wow, maybe she has gotten me a silver/gold proof coin, I thought "ahh she shouldn't have"

Opened it, It was a yoyo?! lol in a box

No idea why she got me a yoyo, random as fudge.

Lol, that's brilliant buddy.

What a downer after the excitement.

I'd like to have a go with a yoyo though, I used to be badass at it.

Stacker since 2013

Lol, that's brilliant buddy.

What a downer after the excitement.

I'd like to have a go with a yoyo though, I used to be badass at it.

Here is the aforementioned item next to a RM box 

10844067_329009227286667_552881979_n.jpg

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Well found, thanks Clens.

Looks like they are base metal, I did wonder why they had no mention of silver on the box.

Looks like my old dear got fleeced (again).

Edit - just checked with the 45 degree magnet test, not magnetic but not diamagnetic either.

Shame

Stacker since 2013

I've already mentioned the beard trimmer I got, but in addition to that, I got some much-needed new hair clippers, the new Dragon Age game and a proper laser gaming mouse, aftershave, fitted polo shirt, "man-bag", lots of chilli oils and peppers, some kitchenware, and Spitfire ale and glass set. I didn't ask for silver so didn't expect anything like that. In the new year I'll treat myself to the 2015 Britannia and some Lunar Sheep which will quench my thirst for PMs.

Archived