• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Australian Lunars

motorbikez

You probably know I'm a big fan of the Aussie Lunars series 1 & 2.I know a few of you are also into them, what are your interests & what sizes do you collect.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

series 2 all sizes 1/2,1,2,5,10oz not got 1kg yet but may buy one next year.

What 5ozers have you got that is the only size I don't collect,to be exact I don't collect the kilo coins either I have a couple though.1 proof 1 Bu

Just reached my first goal of getting all the series 2 1oz coloured dragons.

Got dragon and goat 2oz would like to get the full 2oz set when funds allow and when I can find at the right price.

You could always sell me some of yours mb

Serie 2 only 1/2 ozers, almost have 2 sets now, only 1 ox missing

Do you know i quite like the 1/2ozers myself both series 1&2 it was you who re kindled my interest in the series 2 Bosse I don't know wether to thank you or not I collect too many as it is. :lol:

I only collect series 2, although I do have a 1/20oz series 1 gold dragon.

Silver is my thing though, and I have collected......

Full 1oz set

Full 1oz lion privy set

Full 1/2oz set

Part 2oz set, minus mouse & ox with spares

Full horse set with privy minus the kilo

Full high relief proof 1oz set with spares

I'll be getting the 10 & 5oz goat to make up a set of these, and I'll make a display case for it the same.

I love the lunars, by far my favourite coins of all time.

Stacker since 2013

Never had myself down as a modern bullion collector, but the quality of the 10oz horse blew my mind, and now a 10oz goat is in the post so will probably have get the rest of the series 2 in 10oz

Best of luck with the 10oz mouse if you decide to backdate. Ouch.

The 10oz are awesome coins, I'd love to get the full series 2 set.

Last time I looked, the 10oz mouse was a lot of money.

Stacker since 2013

http://www.ebay.de/itm/10oz-Lunar-2-Maus-Ratte-Year-of-the-Mouse-2008-10-sehr-selten-/151492879576?pt=M%C3%BCnzen_Medaillen&hash=item2345ade4d8

There is one on ebay Germany now and another with an auction starting price of 475 euros

Last one I saw made £558 on ebay Germany,glad I got mine a while ago I'm only short of the 10 oz tiger.

P1020128_zps2eb6d7ef.jpg

1oz horse for scale

I don't know why it is Perth mint have always made the mouse (silver) of both series with very low mintages both in proof and Bu, with a few exceptions,eg the lunar series 1&2 1oz Bu mouse are not particularly rare or expensive but the rest are especially the proofs with the exception of the series 2 1oz mouse which is worth about 1/5th of the series 1 proof mouse.

If there are any gamblers here or someone who fancies a kilo lunar you can buy the mouse for not much more than any other lunar 2 series kilo coins.Unfortunately Perth mint have not declared a mintage on any of the kilo coins but they could do so at any time up to 2019 then they have to as the series ends.

Archived