• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1/4 oz Gold Sov Values?

NorthEast

Good Morning Guys - 

I just picked up a couple of pieces for the stack but I admit I am not that knowledgeable on these though.. Are these nice coins? What do you estimate value of these two? Any help is appreciated! 

Thanks so much!

IMG_2531.jpg

IMG_2532.jpg

Here you can find links to most specific sovereign years, what they are selling for:

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gold-coins/full-sovereign-gold-coin/

I see they have a 1926 George V like yours going for £609:

https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gold-sovereign-specific-year/george-v-1911-1932/1926-gold-sovereign-king-george-v-m/

1/4 oz gold sov? Not sure you got that right. Sovs come in 1/4 Sov, 1/2 Sov, full sov etc. Never measured in oz...

I suspect these are full sovs. The 26 may be a South Africa, can just about make out the SA. Would estimate £250 for that one, Bullion price for the Vic 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

34 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

Thats the Melbourne Mintmark - lowest mintage 211,107. The SA is the highest mintage 11,107,611 so much lower in value. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

The 1/4 sovereign was introduced in 2009.

A full sovereign approximately weighs 1/4oz but we wouldn't refer to the sovereign in those terms. All sovereigns are gold.

Better to amend the title of the thread to 'Sovereign values?'

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Archived