• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Nazi gold to be found in Poland???

MancunianStacker

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamashita's_gold

Ah yes, that solid gold Buddha the president stole from the man who found it. Those were the days! 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

1 hour ago, MancunianStacker said:

Different series, there are quite a few on History and Discovery. This was Stolen Japanese hidden Gold & “treasure” in the Phillipines. I didn’t catch the while series.

Another one was a team of gold hunters in South America looking for the Jesuit good/treasure. I think the end of the last series the found a tunnel at the top of a mountain with a flat top and a huge stone. At the end of the tunnel the found a bricked up stone wall. They went through that and found a flooded area, a few spare coins and then a very very deep underwater drop 200ft. They think the treasure is at the bottom of this drop. They needed to wait for next season and required cold water diving equipment etc.

Also there is Oak Island in Nova Scotia. Ongoing for years.

Love a good treasure hunting documentary. 

The South America one is called Snake Island I think as the first season was searching for treasure on this island. They soon moved to central/South America and found some Incan or Mayan gold artefact at the bottom of a lake, I remember thinking at the time that I am not sure you can you go to another country and start taking the historic items out their lakes (probably a couple hundred years to late for this approach/or may have been fake). The season ended and then the next season came out and pretty much the whole team had gone and there was pretty much no mention about the previous season or even an attempt to continue that search, was really strange. Last series as you mention they went looking for Jesuit gold and found a flooded tunnel  (won’t say much else in case people want to watch it).

Also love Oak Island despite its largely a group of people spending about 10 years digging a huge hole and spending millions in the process to find pretty much nothing. The theories they come up with are just another level, they are convinced Francis Bacon or the Templars put treasure down this hole 

21 minutes ago, Simmoleon said:

The South America one is called Snake Island I think as the first season was searching for treasure on this island. They soon moved to central/South America and found some Incan or Mayan gold artefact at the bottom of a lake, I remember thinking at the time that I am not sure you can you go to another country and start taking the historic items out their lakes (probably a couple hundred years to late for this approach/or may have been fake). The season ended and then the next season came out and pretty much the whole team had gone and there was pretty much no mention about the previous season or even an attempt to continue that search, was really strange. Last series as you mention they went looking for Jesuit gold and found a flooded tunnel  (won’t say much else in case people want to watch it).

Also love Oak Island despite its largely a group of people spending about 10 years digging a huge hole and spending millions in the process to find pretty much nothing. The theories they come up with are just another level, they are convinced Francis Bacon or the Templars put treasure down this hole 

All good interesting stuff but I can’t help thinking, some scenes (or the whole program) could be faked / setup like you say.

Another “documentary” series was called Cooper’s Treasure (I think), where an old US astronaut testing spy cameras In low earth orbit managed to see underwater and marked on (his own private) maps the locations of lots of shipwrecks. Then told a kid he met all about it and then the kid (now 40) managed to get the maps from his widow years later, found a wreck using said maps. The kid’s dad was apparently a treasure hunter in Florida and that rubbed off on the kid plus what the astronaut (2nd dad / best friend) told him set him off in a quest to find these hidden wrecks.

Makes me think though, if I was a billionaire media owner, I could pretty much make up any show I liked and call it a documentary. I mean the history channel are producing a show called “ancient aliens”, so either they are trying to brainwash the young, make up their own history slowly, or it is some kind of disclosure psyop to get people used to the alien interference story and ready for meeting another being from another plant or dimension. If it’s just a conspiracy theory documentary, why is the History channel showing it. All a bit weird anyway.

I’m pretty sure the history of the human race is not what we are told and archeologists have to keep to the agreed mainstream theory so they don’t get ostracised and labelled as heretics. Out of place artifacts in particular make me question our history.

Im keeping a very open mind 😉 

Some of the hidden treasure stories may be true as referenced above and also:

Yamashita's Treasure

- Lost Dutchman’s mine

- Amber room

- Nazi train

- Jesuit treasure (see the very average series “Snake Island”)

These supposed treasures often do not have any real documentary evidence but there is “word of mouth” evidence and lots of locals who make a career out of helping rich westerners try and find the treasures....

More interesting (to me anyway) are treasure wrecks that are reasonably well documented, even if they sunk in the 16th Century!   There are still a lot that remain missing and are difficult and expensive to track down.  There are also others that are poorly documented as missing but none the less have extensive treasure associated with them.

There are amazing books on treasure discovery and recovery of modern and ancient vessels - all worth a read:

Dreamweaver - The Mel Fisher Story

A master on the Spanish Main - Burt Webber Story

Goldfinder - Keith Jessop’s story

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

To illustrate my point above, I bought this book in Australia.  It is old but lists a lot of possible lost treasures, most of which are not “common currency” now. 

I collect this sort of book - there are a lot out there with similar info.

Best

Dicker

20999069-4685-4F35-A447-B59889DFBCA2.jpeg

7BA7A7BD-44D0-4409-8A4F-D6FD1177A163.jpeg

5BE9902D-4A96-437D-9F1D-DED7684C5370.jpeg

Not my circus, not my monkeys

2 hours ago, dicker said:

Re reading the book last night, there are a lot of suspected caches of Sovereigns buried in Australia!

On the news a week or two ago, someone found a few and someone else found just one (but on their first metal detector trip). 👌 

Archived