• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Advice for a newbie!

AdamG

Hello people, I am new to the Silver Forum so I hope this is the correct place to be posting this.

I came across some coins that I'm looking to purchase, however, I am questioning whether they are real or not. This is one of the coins in question (https://www.powercoin.it/en/europe/3353-black-bull-queen-beasts-gilded-2-oz-silver-coin-5-united-kingdom-2018.html?search_query=gilded&results=99). The 2oz Silver Gilded Queen's Beasts. There are a few things that make me question the validity of these coins;

1.) I have contacted the Royal Mint themselves to ask if they produce this variant of the 2oz Silver Queen's Beast & they informed me that they do not.

2.) I have contacted Powercoin.it directly, via email, Instagram, & Facebook. But I haven't had a reply yet but, the Facebook messenger shows that the message has been seen. It has been less than 24hrs though. I do remember Backyard Bullion doing a video reviewing some of their products a while back, so I do think that they're a legitimate company, but this product is raising some red flags for me!

3.) All the 2oz Silver Gilded Queen's Beast that they offer are the same price £87.27 (at the time of writing this), which seems odd to me, as a coin like, The Griffin for example shouldn't be the same price as the most recent release, The Falcon. To my understanding a Gilded coin means that a thin layer of gold is applied to a section(s) of the coin & so this would make the value of the coin increase, however, I have found The Griffin online for between £60 - £90, & The Falcon between £40 - £45. So the increase in price for the gilded coins doesn't seem to be enough for The Griffin & too much for The Falcon in my opinion, am I wrong in thinking  this? *Prices taken from EBay.

4.) Within the 'specifications' section it states that the only metal used is Silver, no Gold is mentioned.

5.) I can't find these coins on any other website, not even on a site that mentions that they're 'out of stock'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I look forward to discussing this with you all!

They get a bog standard coin and a third party does the gilding.

I have a Brexit Silver Britannia coin that has an enamelled colourised Union Jack on the shield....same thing.

They are real coins that have been "added to" with small "mintages" and a princely premium...my Brexit Brit cost £50 for a £20 coin!! 😄

Hi Adam,

Some private mint / third party makes the gilded ones maybe in order of powercoin.it
As one of my first coins was the QB dragon gilded ruthenium, and now i'm hooked and collect the complete serie. 👍 The Lion and Griffin of the ruthenium versions are very hard to find at the moment.

That makes sense now, thinking about it. Thanks for pointing it out to me! @Norskgeld  @EdNug

@TheBeast  Decent, same here the Queen's Beast coins are the coins that got me started on stacking & I recently received a gilded Lion & it looks phenomenal. I'm debating on whether or not to purchase the set, but what I previously mentioned is what is holding me back from purchasing them. 

21 minutes ago, AdamG said:

I'm debating on whether or not to purchase the set, but what I previously mentioned is what is holding me back from purchasing them. 

I just want to have them all, some coins of a set you will like more than others... It hurts when it's incomplete :D

1 hour ago, TheBeast said:

I just want to have them all, some coins of a set you will like more than others... It hurts when it's incomplete :D

That's exactly how I feel about the Queen's Beast series set. Which is why I'm debating buying the gilded editions aswell, not sure currently. 

What do you think?

Mostly i question myself before i purchase this kind of coins would someone will pay me this price or even more and why...

make a full set? The design? Joining the hype? Mintage?

And what do you want to do with the coins? Sell them at short term or long term?

The QB is a very populair coin serie at the moment and the prices of the lion and griffin are going sky high, but what will they do in the future...? 

When it comes to asking if someone would pay me the same price or more for the coin(s), in regards to these QB coins, that's not something I'm thinking about as they are more long-term investments//hedges, possibly even something that I'm make an heirloom. Collecting these coins aren't about hype for me, I think they look beautiful & my aim is to collect the full set of each. As fo the mintage of the gilded QB, the site says they're only 500 of each mintage which to me sounds like a small amount. 

28 minutes ago, TheBeast said:

The QB is a very popular coin series at the moment and the prices of the lion and griffin are going sky high, but what will they do in the future...? 

Who knows, but I feel that a complete set of all 10 coins will still bring in a decent premium!

7 hours ago, AdamG said:

When it comes to asking if someone would pay me the same price or more for the coin(s), in regards to these QB coins, that's not something I'm thinking about as they are more long-term investments//hedges, possibly even something that I'm make an heirloom. Collecting these coins aren't about hype for me, I think they look beautiful & my aim is to collect the full set of each. As fo the mintage of the gilded QB, the site says they're only 500 of each mintage which to me sounds like a small amount. 

Who knows, but I feel that a complete set of all 10 coins will still bring in a decent premium!

That are the same thought’s about the gilded ruthenium ones i’m collecting at the moment, the only thing is it’s harder to sell a complete set than single coins. 

7 hours ago, AdamG said:

What you got to remember is that these aftermarket modified coins have a limited buyer market. If they only have a mintage if 500, and they being one of the biggest sellers of these, then surprised at all that they haven’t sold out? 

I woukd be cautious considering modified coins as investments. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

2 hours ago, TheBeast said:

That are the same thought’s about the gilded ruthenium ones i’m collecting at the moment, the only thing is it’s harder to sell a complete set than single coins. 

Okay, that does make sense to be honest thanks for pointing it out to me! 

Thanks for your advice mate, thinking about with everything that's been said I'm leaning more towards purchasing them that not.

2 hours ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

What you got to remember is that these aftermarket modified coins have a limited buyer market. If they only have a mintage if 500, and they being one of the biggest sellers of these, then surprised at all that they haven’t sold out? 

I woukd be cautious considering modified coins as investments. 

But would you say that these coins haven't been sold quick because they aren't a well known company, hence the slow movement in stock. Saying that 1 coin is out of stock & another 2 are low on stock.

1 hour ago, AdamG said:

But would you say that these coins haven't been sold quick because they aren't a well known company, hence the slow movement in stock. Saying that 1 coin is out of stock & another 2 are low on stock.

Power coin are well known in Europe bud. No 1 sellers for fancy coins

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

Archived