• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Specific year bullion coins?

DrKarlMoneys

In the past I've shown some coins to some immediate family who I've told about my silver habit and my musically inclined sister really liked the Vienna Philharmonic coin. I thought it'd be a nice gift if I could find one from the year of her birth.

Does anyone know of any dealers that would sell this? I've tried Googling but it doesn't seem to be a thing for bullion coins.

2 hours ago, DrKarlMoneys said:

In the past I've shown some coins to some immediate family who I've told about my silver habit and my musically inclined sister really liked the Vienna Philharmonic coin. I thought it'd be a nice gift if I could find one from the year of her birth.

Does anyone know of any dealers that would sell this? I've tried Googling but it doesn't seem to be a thing for bullion coins.

I believe these was first produced in 2008 in silver but gold a bit longer so maybe that is why you can't find any unless your sister is 10/11 years old or younger 

I love the Vienna Philharmonics which are beautifully executed coins. I bought a 1/4oz gold Philharmonic from Atkinsons and encapsulated it in a direct fit air-tite. It’s one of my favourite coins. I’m also thinking of getting a 1/25oz gold Philharmonic from the Mint itself. Anniversary or birth year sovereigns are very popular but even with those it’s a question of availability. There might not be much of a market for specific year silver Phlharmonics as you would find with silver Pandas and Kookaburras because the Philharmonic design remains the same every year. The gold Philharmonic was first introduced in 1989, the silver version in 2008 and the platinum one in 2016. 

13 hours ago, xthomasx said:

The silver ounces should be readily available for little money, starting from, and including, 2008, according to gold.de

https://www.gold.de/kaufen/silbermuenzen/wiener-philharmoniker/

Yes, you’re right! I wonder if they have specific year gold Philharmonics? Great find! You need some familiarity with German but they also have specific year gold Philharmonics as well as other coins.

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 20:13, RogerBelmar said:

Yes, you’re right! I wonder if they have specific year gold Philharmonics? Great find! You need some familiarity with German but they also have specific year gold Philharmonics as well as other coins.

Yes, they do, as long as the shops report them for listing. The gold Philharmoniker seems to be much more an investment coin than a collector piece, so they have specified the 1989, and 2017 and 2018, only. If someone wants the first year issue, there they are...

Archived