• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Dragon dollar pin bowl

MickB

Someone I know came up to me the other day to ask some advice on this bowl as he doesn't know if the coin is real or not, considering there are fakes out there.

He bought this at a flea market for a few pounds as he liked the look of it and tried to research it. I've been looking on ebay and dragondollar.com to compare images.

Some of the lettering on the back looks slightly different but I'm not sure if there's a style change for certain years.

He did ask someone online for advice on it and they told him to send it to them so they can see the coin to give an accurate appraisal but he doesn't want to do that. 

It passes the magnet test which he said he done.

Silver bowl.jpg

Silver pin bowl.jpg

9 minutes ago, Bullionaire said:

They have four available and two sold but the coin is from a different province. The price they are going for points to them being fake.

The Szechuen province dragon dollar is rarer than the one on eBay which probably made him think it was worth something. I don't know enough about Chinese coins to give him advice on whether it's a genuine coin or a fake.

Archived