• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Valcambi 1 gram gold bar sealed

FFkook

Converting my collection to coins, I'm looking to trade this 1 gram gold bar, for a gold kind of coin. It's the only gold bar I have, but I'm looking for coins as I like them better. Just trying out to see if this works and 2 people can benefit of a nice deal. If any one appreciates bars, and is willing to make a nice trade offer, PM me and let me know what your idea is! This one is sealed in original package.

For sale: 48 euro, PayPal or Revolut, + shipping in EU on your costs.

No trading for silver though, just gold..

2018-10-10 15.59.53.jpg

2018-10-10 15.59.58.jpg

I don't know of any 1g gold coins. 

I would buy it, but realistically you want to have a 1/20 worth if gold ti get the smallest coin. The 1/10th ones are great and I love collecting them. But if you can a 1/4 or 22ct Soverign or 1oz Brittiania. 

Good luck. 

On 10/10/2018 at 16:58, jonrms said:

I don't know of any 1g gold coins. 

I would buy it, but realistically you want to have a 1/20 worth if gold ti get the smallest coin. The 1/10th ones are great and I love collecting them. But if you can a 1/4 or 22ct Soverign or 1oz Brittiania. 

Good luck. 

The maple gram is quite common but very disappointing to hold

47 minutes ago, jonrms said:

Yes but adds up quicker than buying 1g bars. 

I did a video on this, and I only buy 999 or 4 9's 

No 22ct stuff here. 

I never understood the logic of that.

It makes no difference if its 22ct vs 24ct, just look at the gold fine weight.

If anything you are usually getting a little silver and copper thrown in for free on 22ct.

16 minutes ago, mr-dead said:

I never understood the logic of that.

It makes no difference if its 22ct vs 24ct, just look at the gold fine weight.

If anything you are usually getting a little silver and copper thrown in for free on 22ct.

There are many reason,

First is the easiest …. if you buy pure bullion, Silver or Gold or Platinum etc..... its just that Pure and can be smelted down with ease for industrial or other purposes.

I also buy it because its Value holds better than that of 22ct.

And the Second reason.

Refining 9, 10, 14, 18, 22ct Gold into pure gold ….takes ALOT of resources. I do refining and the cost of chemicals and safety equipment is silly. However its very important to not skimp or risk your health or others when refining.  Your are using Highly corrosive and Toxic acids and chemicals. And you also then need to neutralise them and then extract any other metals if you want to recover them as well. Silver is a pain to extract especially with more laws coming in force which prevent Nitric acid unless under licence for use or possession.

I appreciate that your getting a larger coin, but people who buy bullion buy bullion. People who are interested in Sovereigns will buy them. 

I hope that explains that bit.... There is no right or wrong way to buy anything...  We all choose to buy what WE like!!!

And I wouldn't tell anyone they are wrong. because Hey.... I am a moron who buys stuff I love... like those HIGHLY over priced and coloured Coca Cola bottle tops out of Silver.

Most people that buy and sell bullion will only ever use it in that form, I cant see many smelting it down for industrial or other purposes and can see no other reason why you would want to refine a well know 22ct piece e.g a gold eagle into a generic 24ct blob of unkown metal.

Holding value? if its bullion it will be valued purely on fine gold content only so 24ct will not be worth more than 22ct as both contain the same defined amount of gold.  If its semi-numi/numismatic then the most valuable coins are not 24ct.

For a SHTF senario then I would say legal tender coins for your country would be best, sovereigns(22ct) & britannia (22ct / 24ct) in the UK and Eagles (22ct) in the US..

But as you say if you buy what you like then it keeps you interested and stacking which has to be a good thing :)

• 1 month later...

Archived