• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Recent forum down time

The forum has had to be restored to a backup from Sunday due to issues with the database caused by Tapatalk.

The Tapatalk module is being removed and will no longer be supported.

Hopefully everything will be sorted within the next 24 hours.

• Founder & Administrator

Thanks Morezone.

I will send out a full email update to everyone on the newsletter and also post in this topic once I can confirm that the issue has been 100% rectified and won't happen again. For the moment be aware any topics / replies posted now may be deleted as we may (but hopefully won't) have to do another restore.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• Founder & Administrator

Sometime on 20th August 2018 (believed to be sometime after 1pm) The Silver Forum went down, it appeared to be stuck in upgrade mode and I was unable to access to admin.

Myself, the software developer and the host all looked into the issue to try to determine what the cause of this was and how to fix it, we discovered that the Tapatalk plugin (an add-on that allows users to access the forum on their mobile devices via the Tapatalk app) had overwritten parts of the database. Why this randomly happened we have no idea and I have forwarded details of this onto Taptalk themselves.

We have since restored the forum to a backup file from 23:59 GMT on Sunday 19th August 2018 and completely removed the Tapatalk plugin and all associated Tapatalk files to prevent this from happening again. Unfortunately anything that was posted on the forum on Monday 20th August will have been deleted (luckily this this amount of data loss was minimised as the affected time was between 00:00 and 13:00 (estimated) on Monday.

The forum will (for the foreseeable future) no longer support Tapatalk as I do not wish for any issues to occur again. Please instead use the forum in a web browser which will work fine on mobile, and enable your email notifications if needed. Some mobile web browsers may support in browser notifications, and it is likely in the future that all major web browsers will support in browser notifications. 

One last note is that a small amount of premium members who renew invoice times fell in between the above times may have been charged twice for their rentals, I have issued a batch refund which may take a few days to show, but for any members that believe they have been charged twice and not received a refund in several days please contact me for an immediate refund. (note this is a very very small amount of members that were affected by this)

I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused by this and welcome you all back to The Silver Forum.

The above is the extract from my newsletter email updating everyone of the situation.

Those of you who are not on the forum newsletter you may wish to subscribe to be the first to be kept up to date with whats going on on the forums, please find the newsletter subscription link in the forum sidebar (when browsing on a desktop computer)

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Archived