• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1/2 oz lunar 1 proof set.

motorbikez

Ok Chris, I'll give you that.

I wouldn't say we are pure stackers though.

I think we will be the winners though when it comes to price rise, but not in so far as how much more of a ballache selling our stacks will be when the time comes.

Stacker since 2013

• Founder & Administrator

Ok Chris, I'll give you that.

I wouldn't say we are pure stackers though.

I think we will be the winners though when it comes to price rise, but not in so far as how much more of a ballache selling our stacks will be when the time comes.

Yea that's the only worry I have, the liquidity when it comes to selling. I don't have that much free cash to invest so I am investing nearly everything into physical semi numismatic, if I had a lot of free capital and wanted to take advantage of the underlying market only, I would buy some allocated silver through bullionvault, then if silver shot up can easily sell.

Storage fees are something like 0.48% per year for silver on bullionvault, but the minimum charge is $8 per month. So you need a minimum balance of $20,000 to be paying 0.48% storage cost per year.

Smaller balances would cost you a higher % per year. Maybe would be ok with a $10,000 amount to invest. But seeing as I don't have that sort of capital, I don't think it's worth it. I think your stack would have to be a very serious size before there were any big problems in trying to sell, as I won't be cashing out instantly anyway, I don't mind if it takes a whole to sell when I come to sell.

I might never sell, who knows. I like collecting the shiny stuff, might be too sad to part with it.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

That price seems expensive for a 1/2 ounce lunar to me. Id by an ASE. Talking about ASE's the ones that I bought to reduce my cost per ounce on a recent deliver, I was going to sell them, but I think I might just keep them now as they were a pretty good price.

OK Chris no problem.

Nice set, I think the designs on series 2 are an improvement on series 1 especially the horse tiger and rabbit. bet it would take some time to put a proof set together now.

Cheers Shiny,yes I agree on the horse, but like the 1 series rabbit and tiger better.It certainly will take time to collect the series 2 another 5 years :lol: ,which i am in the due process of doing with the 2 oz proofs :)

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Archived