• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

My new supplier, cheapest 10oz QB's Silver in Europe:

Remember the problems I was having with Yodel damaged deliveries and bad customer service from a certain company in Belgium earlier this year, as mentioned elsewhere in the forum?. Well, I decided to shop around and find a new supplier.

I have now switched to this supplier: www.gold-silber-muenzen-shop.de, based in Germany.

Their 10oz Queens Beasts are on average 2 Euros cheaper each than the last supplier I used, but more importantly their much better customer service and delivery handling compared to my last supplier (and hence why I looked for a new and better dealer) warrants a mention.  My first delivery arrived this morning, I was impressed with this company and thought I would give them a full review for the forum members. 

595399108f463_2017-06-28(7).thumb.png.4b7c30d6bf053638e149b868498cd8f5.png

Their website is in German, and I don't speak German, but the google translate add on bar worked a treat.

Most suppliers in Europe are running delays on these 10oz Queens beasts due to initial demand, and this dealer is also experiencing delays. I emailed them regarding delays and shipment, and received a quick response (in English) telling me a delay of 14 days and not the 14-30 days as shown on the webpage in the link below.  

The 10oz Queens beasts prices and any current delays are on this page: https://www.gold-silber-muenzen-shop.de/silber/silbermuenzen/10-unzen/silbermuenze-the-queen-beast-lion-2017-10-unzen.html

Delivery cost: Eur19.95 for my package, but lower value weight packages start at Eur9.95. My last dealer's delivery was Euro1.95 cheaper, but if buying more than one coin is easily offset, besides, I would pay much more just to never experience Yodel deliveries again. 

Excellent communication: I was emailed as soon as ordered, as soon as they received payment, and another email when shipped, with tracking details. First section of journey is via DHL-Germany to UK, second stage is via Parcelforce Express 24. 

DHL-Germany section:

2017-06-28.thumb.png.c069ab12a9668ce5f37f7bc0deeb27f6.png

UK section:

5953a024b918a_2017-06-28(5).thumb.png.db8fda2cb8ac9e9f1541f37ae75c8a5c.png

So, in all, parcel was collected from dealer on Friday and arrived this morning, Wednesday. When delivery turned up I waited a couple of minutes to see if like my last dealer's delivery company (Yodel) the delivery driver would chuck the parcel in the garden, leave at wrong address, try and leave at neighbours or put it in a wheelie bin (this one I was most interested in, it's bin day today and another forum member mentioned his £4k precious metals Yodel delivery in a wheelie bin was nearly carted off to landfill...), but no, to my amazement he took the parcel back to the van and began to write out a slip to put through the door...so I put him out of his misery and opened the door to collect.(Feel bad about that bit, but wanted to see, we are talking about Bullion after all). Parcelforce has a bad rep in the UK, but this wasn't their normal service, instead it's the Express24 service after handover from DHL-Germany and I was quite happy with it. 

Packaging and contents:

20170628_114347.thumb.jpg.39dad4a21ec70001987841bbb2324b9d.jpg

Parcel arrives wrapped in a mail bag and was undamaged.

20170628_114430.thumb.jpg.d26d9f49c919dbac8daf79f4a3ec4803.jpg

Box was undamaged and intact.

20170628_114616.thumb.jpg.6b6c34509b9dbff83e45a16e9de29982.jpg

Packaging was good and kept coins secure.

20170628_115233.thumb.jpg.6d1688e06d58eeb1909a9e72e21f59cb.jpg

Love the 10oz Queen's Beasts, much better than I expected for bullion. I expect large demand for these to continue, CGT free and all that.

5953a8006dc19_20170628_115300-Copy.thumb.jpg.852fd308f35559fa6ff6ee32fd8aa798.jpg

So, all in all, very pleased with my new dealer and will be ordering from them regularly.

Rich

Been using them for a few years.  Never had any issues yet.  Really good for small under under €500 since shipping is only €9.95

33 minutes ago, morezone said:

Been using them for a few years.  Never had any issues yet.  Really good for small under under €500 since shipping is only €9.95

Great to hear, thanks :)

Just a couple of points I forgot to mention:

The google translate bar on their website is quite hard to find, it is at the bottom left of each page.

As morezone states, delivery is Eur 9.95 for orders under Eur 500. As this delivery cost is cheaper I am not sure if it is the same tracked service I had. Just something to bear in mind. If I order under Euro 500 I'll post another update.

2 hours ago, Alymac said:

Interesting post, payment wise if I ordered wouldn't I be stung on my say credit card for an order in euros? They do a few bars I like look off.

It's not possible to pay by credit card.  Bank transfer only.  Use a broker such as Transferwise or Currencyfair

4 hours ago, morezone said:

It's not possible to pay by credit card.  Bank transfer only.  Use a broker such as Transferwise or Currencyfair

I did a bank transfer via transferwise on my last order, no problems. Just use your order number as the reference.

3 hours ago, gkoogk said:

I just bought 1 at 184 euros

They are currently 179.30 Euros, is the postage only about 5 Euros for that amount? 

1 hour ago, shortstack68 said:

Used this supplier a few times a couple months back when the silver dipped and bought a few 2017 Brits, seen the 10oz at €179 although the seller doesn't ship to the UK

Are you talking about gold-silber-muenzen-shop.de or another dealer €0.30 cheaper who doesn't ship to the UK?  If you're talking about gold-silber-muenzen-shop.de then they should ship to the UK since both RichRock and myself are from the UK.

12 hours ago, RichRock said:

I did a bank transfer via transferwise on my last order, no problems. Just use your order number as the reference.

They are currently 179.30 Euros, is the postage only about 5 Euros for that amount? 

I am doing a bulk buy with backyardbullion and others..so postage will be very small

Archived