• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 2oz Perth Mint Gold Lunar Tiger - Is it worth it?

2 oz gold coin or two 1 oz pieces of gold  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose?

• 2 oz gold coin
    • Two 1 oz pieces of gold

In a month's time, I plan to buy more gold. I am currently considering a 2 oz gold lunar tiger coin from the Perth Mint. It looks like a stunning coin and bigger coins have a better diameter when comes to their design. However, what I am thinking about is whether it will hold it's premium on the long-term and whether I will find a buyer, should I wish to sell it one day. I'm also aware that it won't be CGT exempt but this isn't a deal breaker for me at the moment.

Here's a link for the coin:

https://www.ukbullion.com/2022-2oz-lunar-iii-tiger-gold-coin.html

Alternatively, I could just buy two 1 oz pieces of gold and I particularly have my eye on two at the moment. One is the 2023 Gold Britannia QEII coin (which will be CGT exempt) and the other is a Gold Heraeus kinebar. I currently own the 2023 Gold KCIII Britannia, so the QEII Britannia will complete a small set. I also happen to own one 1 oz kinebar already but I love the holographic design on the back so much that I fancy another one.

Any thoughts?

Edited by ZEE123

If you're going to buy a 2oz piece of gold that's not CGT-exempt then you better actually want it. If you love the coin and want to keep it then sure. The same applies to the 1oz bar

As an investment the 2023 QEII is likely to be a better choice, it's also a lot more liquid

Will you have trouble shifting a 2oz coin at the same premium you paid for it from that website? Probably. Take a look around the forum, there are some beautiful 1oz coins going for around spot. If gold keeps rising the current trend is for premiums to go down, perhaps even slightly negative in some cases (spot + free RMSD)

If you bought that 2oz coin today and tried to sell it tomorrow, it's possible you'd be looking at a £200-270 loss

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative