• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Who Can Help Me Decipher What Type of Hallmarks These Are ?

asemp

Hello Members, I have in my possession a few items of cutlery, and I am unsure what type of hallmarks these are. 

All the information gained would be greatly appreciated.

If you require more information, images or weights Pm me and I'll Upload them 

Many Thanks 

spoons 01.jpg

spoons 02.jpg

spoons 03.jpg

spoons 04.jpg

spoons 05.jpg

spoons 06.jpg

spoons 07.jpg

10 hours ago, Mobius said:

Hi,

The item(s) marked '90' could well be foreign 90% silver. The other items are plated, on the bottom picture you can see 'EP' which stands for Electro Plated.

The "90" number without "%" mean 90g of pure silver used to silverplate a set of 12 forks and 12 spoons.

On some asian silver objects, it is used the mark 90% for silver .900.

Screenshot_20231113-103213.png

1 minute ago, Mobius said:

Well you learn something new everyday, thanks for that info @stefffana, I've only ever dealt in British silver, so my knowledge of foreign silver is pretty slim.

You're definately the man for foreign silver!

Mobius

Thank you, @Mobius for your kind words!

I have learned a lot from you as well during the last few years.

Cheers and Super Love!🤗

13 hours ago, Mobius said:

Hi,

The item(s) marked '90' could well be foreign 90% silver. The other items are plated, on the bottom picture you can see 'EP' which stands for Electro Plated.

Hi there I have a pair of sugar tongs with 'MP'  can you tell me what the MP stands for please? I'm assuming something plated?

20 minutes ago, paul63 said:

Hi there I have a pair of sugar tongs with 'MP'  can you tell me what the MP stands for please? I'm assuming something plated?

A picture will be very helpful, if possible with all the details. There are many makers having the same initials: 

Mathew Petit, Maltby Pelletreau, Paul Miller, Michael Plummer, Maylin Products Ltd, etc.

Edited by stefffana

5 minutes ago, asemp said:

I think they are Danish. I'll upload them in a bit 

Thanks

Yes, they are silver plated danish products. The three towers mark is for silver minimum .826. The two towers and "P" letter is used for silver plated items. 

image.png.79ba6e3ee1d494820346092822f42b14.png image.png.c80111bb861381ee3f2fc4eb1c2f4aab.png image.png.605b2914804d6e1f93406295be151a44.png image.png.97e63b7c3a63256b9853a03cbfd750e7.png

Three towers examples:

Screenshot_20231113-184305.png