• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Another Ordering from the EU Question

KevjustKev

If I was to order, maybe 3 or 4 coins from the European Mint or Eurpoa Bullion will I have to pay import or VAT. As far as I can tell there is already VAT when ordering, but is there import duty when an order could be under £150?

Type about this for a bit

i see on the European Mint website they advertise that items are sold using the VAT margin scheme.

So yes there is some VAT in the price - a full 20% on the base price which isn't the VAT margin scheme but hey let's roll with it.

image.thumb.png.6a7e7ef47e42f4fa65f61246e211707b.png

But as the coins would be exported out of the EU, this should be done VAT free. i wouldn't even think to buy coins unless VAT were deducted.

When the package arrives at the UK border the chances are there will be VAT and additional charges levied. So expect 20% on the VAT free price of the coins plus VAT on the cost of shipping. Shipping costs are counted in the value of the package.

https://www.europeanmint.com/terms/

i am thinking whether you would get shipping VAT free or will get clipped for EU VAT and UK VAT. Perhaps someone knows this.

Then there will be a handling fee - for the pleasure of someone applying VAT to your parcel.

When i get stuff delivered to Spain from the UK the value of the parcel is generally low - so there isn't much IVA to pay (VAT) - it is pennies BUT there are nearly always charges. Very occassionally i have got away with nothing but it is unusual. The extras are usually around 15 €.

So you need to factor all of this in. 

i can see they are selling to the EU with no VAT if you arrange the shipping separately. So i would subtract VAT and there would be nothing extra to pay other than shipping costs. Doing the sums goldsilver.be works out cheaper for me.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

10 hours ago, KevjustKev said:

If I was to order, maybe 3 or 4 coins from the European Mint or Eurpoa Bullion will I have to pay import or VAT. As far as I can tell there is already VAT when ordering, but is there import duty when an order could be under £150?

Type about this for a bit

you pay VAT in the UK

below is a comparative between delivery of the same item in the UK and UE. the same is true for 1 oz coin or 100 coins

3.thumb.png.d315cd5e2b9ff47885c897db95136322.png

Edited by daca