• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold strike averted

silversword

South Africa's labour court has ruled that the AMCU (who have recently caused havoc with their 5-month platinum miners' strike) are not allowed to take industrial action in the gold mining sector.source: mining.com

This is probably good news for anyone still trying to increase their gold holdings, as stopped production in South Africa would lead to inevitable shortages in physical supply.

This won't stop them going on strike, work to rule industrial disputes will get nasty now machines breaking down fighting. Have you seen how they live in S.A. in the mining villages?

No I haven't, I'm guessing the conditions are appalling, but I have no desire to visit SA to check. If that sounds callous, well, maybe it is. Truthfully I want some gold, and I could do without every little thing pushing the price up just now.

• Founder & Administrator

No I haven't, I'm guessing the conditions are appalling, but I have no desire to visit SA to check. If that sounds callous, well, maybe it is. Truthfully I want some gold, and I could do without every little thing pushing the price up just now.

Where are the gold manipulators when you need them, I want to see them destroy gold, push it all the way down to £400 an ounce. Then I can buy some Pandas and Elephants :)

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I don't think it's callous, but its just a fact.  Last year miners were shot by police, at first reports said the miners charged at the police, but later some different footage came out that showed other police charging the miners and sending them down the hill where they were shot by different police.  This hasn't been forgotten by the miners who on mass have fallen out with the ANC (ANC cronies sit on mining boards earning millions).  S.A disputes are just as much about politics and promises made and never fulfilled.  

Remember S.A Gold mines have some of the highest cost per ounce 

• Founder & Administrator

Remember S.A Gold mines have some of the highest cost per ounce

Yet the krugerrand is the cheapest gold coin there is. Glad I don't have any, the Perth mint mine is much more ethical. However, I am planning on buying a Somalian elephant and gods knows where that gold came from, and how it was mined.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Archived