• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Baird & co problem

Lea79

Hi guys

So I was given some cash for my birthday and decided to buy a 20 franc republic from Baird & co.  Ordered it and paid on the 19th of December.  All Christmas ive been looking forward to receiving the coin.  

I was aware that they where closed over Xmas so I knew I was in for a wait.  Emailed them asking about my order on the 4th when I was informed that there had been a mistake with the computer system and they didn't actually have the coin in stock, so I was offered a rooster, angel or Neapolitan instead.  To which I declined as I wanted the republic.

And ive heard nothing since.  No email stating Id get my money back and no refund.  I can understand a computer mistake these things happen, but im peeved off with the lack of communication.  

Surely an email informing me of their mistake isn't asking too much instead of waiting for me to chase them. Or an email stating I can have a refund when they sold me an item they didn't have.  

Im royally cheesed off.  Just hope they hurry up and give me my refund so I can order 1 from coin invest.  Ahhhhhh rant over lol.

I take it you wanted a 2nd republic Ceres head and they are offering you the 3rd republic 1852 Louis Napoleon  or later one where he is emperor Napoleon iii?  If they are also offering you the Angel at the same price you are saving a few pounds but of course you may just not want one or have some already.  If you're really lucky you might get a lower mintage date angel or the earlier 1848/9 one.

I wanted the 1851 or 1852.  The one that was only minted for 2 yrs.  I have the other 1's they were offering.  I was tempted with the angel but I already have 1 and the 1 I wanted is on coin invest so im gonna order 1 from there.  

We have some older franc coins on clearance at the moment. Perhaps you might be interested? 

https://www.bleyerbullion.co.uk/2016-end-of-year-stock-clearance

We don't trade much in these type of coins so we might take a slight discount for them.

Bleyer Bullion is the South West's local bullion dealer, serving the whole of the UK by phone and online. Bleyer offers friendly, expert consultancy and welcomes face-to-face appointments with UK customers looking for a more personal service. Please visit us at: www.BleyerBullion.co.uk.

On 12/01/2017 at 15:01, Daniel said:

We have some older franc coins on clearance at the moment. Perhaps you might be interested? 

https://www.bleyerbullion.co.uk/2016-end-of-year-stock-clearance

We don't trade much in these type of coins so we might take a slight discount for them.

Lovely thanks I just ordered the an12 coin.  Don't see them much. Really appreciate it ?

1 minute ago, Lea79 said:

Lovely thanks I just ordered the an12 coin.  Don't see them much. Really appreciate it ?

Thanks very much, we will get it out to you ASAP. :) I'm sure there are a couple of other bargains to be had in the clearance section, these coins aren't commonly requested by our customers so we can't do much apart from reduce the prices!

Bleyer Bullion is the South West's local bullion dealer, serving the whole of the UK by phone and online. Bleyer offers friendly, expert consultancy and welcomes face-to-face appointments with UK customers looking for a more personal service. Please visit us at: www.BleyerBullion.co.uk.

I love these old French coins.  They're good value and it's great holding something in your hand that dates back to the French Revolution.  Usually the only place that sells the older 1's is chards but they're expensive.  

Ive never heard of your company before.  Have you been around long? 

The Francs we have listed at the moment were all purchased from one client. They are a fantastic investment if you can get them cheap enough, each one is a little piece of history and they will only get rarer and rarer.

Thank you for your interest in our business. Bleyer is a small family run business based in North Devon, we were established in 2009 primarily to serve local clients in the surrounding areas who prefer to deal in person rather than online with the large faceless companies in Birmingham/ London. I have been with Bleyer since July 2014 helping to develop the online business :) 

The coin was really good value I am sooo looking forward to getting it.  When it does arrive I'll put a pic up on the today I received post stating where I got it.  There are a few people on here that collect 20francs you never know u mite get some interest.  

I'd love to have a coin shop locally.  The only one we have down in west wales mostly deals in generic bullion.  

Coin arrived today and it's in fantastic condition.  I'm so pleased with it.  I see you have some an13 as well.  When I have time later I'm going to buy 1 of these.  It not often they come up so mite as well get it while I can.  I had amazing customer service and even had a free coin capsule!! I'm a very happy customer ?.

18 hours ago, Lea79 said:

Coin arrived today and it's in fantastic condition.  I'm so pleased with it.  I see you have some an13 as well.  When I have time later I'm going to buy 1 of these.  It not often they come up so mite as well get it while I can.  I had amazing customer service and even had a free coin capsule!! I'm a very happy customer ?.

Hi Lea, 

Thank you so much for the kind words and second order.

I see we have had a couple of other coins go this morning, no doubt due to this thread so thanks very much everyone. You should all get your coins tomorrow via the postman. :)

Archived