• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Memorial Sovereign or 2023 Coronation Sovereign

Hello since the 2023 coronation sovereign design is revealed,Im wondering what people would pick if they had to choice one or like better. The special reverse on the 2022 memorial sovereign or the 2023 coronation sovereign with the St George and the Dragon reverse?

2 hours ago, jason94151 said:

Hello since the 2023 coronation sovereign design is revealed,Im wondering what people would pick if they had to choice one or like better. The special reverse on the 2022 memorial sovereign or the 2023 coronation sovereign with the St George and the Dragon reverse?

I'm pleased they are using the St George and the Dragon design again, but when looking at it compared to the other Coronation releases, it does look bland - and it is not helped by the colour:

image.png.c22e1832f2ed5eda3606b5f97214d101.png

The debate I am having is whether to try for the sovereign or for the £25 quarter ounce gold proof.  I do like the design of the £25 coin and the colour of the 9999 gold.

So I guess you are talking about the coronation sotd sovereign since this is the only 2023 sovereign we know the design of. There will be a much lower mintage of these than there were with the memorial sovereign. I personally think the coronation sovereign is the way to go, but there will be a large queue. I don’t think that it’s possible to get the coronation sotd after the coronation for a good price. 
Both coins will be highly sought after in the future because these are the first coins of Charles. If you miss the sotd or if you don’t like the design you can still go for the memorial sovereign. You can buy them for a price  relatively close to release price and they are still a bit “under the radar“ …

sorry for my bad English 

On 16/04/2023 at 01:43, Leo1 said:

So I guess you are talking about the coronation sotd sovereign since this is the only 2023 sovereign we know the design of. There will be a much lower mintage of these than there were with the memorial sovereign. I personally think the coronation sovereign is the way to go, but there will be a large queue. I don’t think that it’s possible to get the coronation sotd after the coronation for a good price. 
Both coins will be highly sought after in the future because these are the first coins of Charles. If you miss the sotd or if you don’t like the design you can still go for the memorial sovereign. You can buy them for a price  relatively close to release price and they are still a bit “under the radar“ …

sorry for my bad English 

I don't know much about the sovereign but has there ever been a different design from the sotd sovereign and the proof/bullion sovereign?

If you have the funds, both!! 😀

They are both unique and historic, and I think will be classics in the future.

If you can only afford one… it’s anybody’s guess which one will outdo the other in future. Maybe mintages will determine this. But I’d say choose what appeals to you, so at least you will enjoy owning it until you decide to sell.

3 hours ago, westminstrel said:

If you have the funds, both!! 😀

They are both unique and historic, and I think will be classics in the future.

If you can only afford one… it’s anybody’s guess which one will outdo the other in future. Maybe mintages will determine this. But I’d say choose what appeals to you, so at least you will enjoy owning it until you decide to sell.

Lol the funds depends on what the pounds to usd going to be since usd been dropping.