• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Good ebay seller for new/small stacker, up to 10 oz

Dave

Have found this German ebay seller very good for small orders , and mix and match coin orders , prices are fair and postage is good , + he normally charges 1 euro per coin to add to your first coin purchase as extra postage, have used many times, great when you don't want to pick up tubes, and a good way to start stacking at minimum cost

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/liebi_de/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2654

if I understood how to order stuff on e bay from other countries  id be buying all the opm stuff and apmex rounds , just cant get mi head round how your paypal turns sterling into dollars etc and all that stuff , indeed a site recently posted by a member only prices coins in euros ????/how do you buy off them guys

With Ebay, Pay Pal will do the money conversion for you.  So if you bought something for US$40 + US$5 postage, Pay Pal  will charge you US$45 and then convert to £ which is then debited from you Pay Pal account.  It works the same with all the other countries as well.  If you're making a purchase from outside the UK, make sure you check to see if he seller as quoted postage costs as it can vary greatly.

When you're buying from a website, you either need to use google translate to translate most of it or be able to read the foreign language.  Payment would be by Bank Transfer in most cases and they would supply you with their banking info.  It is up to you to use whatever bank/money broker you wish to remit payment.  Some places will even take payment via Pay Pal for an extra fee.

it would be good if the foreign sites took card payment, as you can get holiday credit cards with no fees and a straight conversion. I suspect the bank and paypal probably take another little slice when they convert it for you.

so if im understanding this , and thank you very much for the answer  , if I saw some opm rounds , or apmex bars  on e bay international and say for instance it said $30 per bar inc postage I would press buy now and the equivelant conversion would be paid through my payypal in starling and some weeks later I should receive the international post  , but wait a minute....the postie then wants the 20% vat on my doorstep dosent he

ive seen on e bay opm metals, own prioducts, mcm metals stuff  all offering 10 /20 coin bundles  coin deals   but didn't know how to buy them  there not always on buy it now  some are auctions, 

and although its for another thread  ive noticed that bullion by post offer their 2014 sovereigns go to auction   never seen one go under £200 but you never know

Foreign PM sites are unlikely to take card payment because of fees involved. Additionally, I think they would be mad too because of fraud.

Don't forget that Pay Pal bums you on the exchange rate. Allow 3% overhead on what eBay quotes if they show a GBP price approximation.

Buy it now and auction have exactly the same process. With McM listings, watch out for their postage costs.

Yes, the HMRC will want 20% VAT if it gets caught in the system. Sometimes duty as well for the fun of it. Royal Mail will want £8 handling fee and Parcel Force will want £12. Large orders may be shipped by courier (typically FedEx from USA) and you WILL pay VAT. Their system is all electronic so your parcel won't slip through like with standard mail.

wo wo wo  slow down guys   do I not pay  the price of the coins  plus the postage stated by the seller  plus the vat  that's it

whats this £8 handling fee or £12 handling fee   how do you know the true cost  of the coins  I would always expect

cost of coins+ postage+vat   how much more is added

wo wo wo  slow down guys   do I not pay  the price of the coins  plus the postage stated by the seller  plus the vat  that's it

whats this £8 handling fee or £12 handling fee   how do you know the true cost  of the coins  I would always expect

cost of coins+ postage+vat   how much more is added

Just buy from the European Union.  There will be no additional VAT or anything to pay.

Who do you think you pay the VAT to when importing?  Someone has to submit the parcel to HMRC for customs clearance and pay the charges on your behalf.  For this service, couriers/Royal Mail/Parcel Force/Freight Forwarders will charge you a fee.  No one is going to do it for nothing.

Back to the thread, this is for new or small stackers , German dealer ,stocks all the popular bullion coins , much cheaper than uk sellers or uk ebay, postage is very good , and covered by paypal ,ideal for small purchases I.e 5-10 oz , no duty payable , Why is it being made so hard to follow ?

so in short not bad to buy off usa , Australia , Canada , on an e bay auction  whereby when you add up the cost of closing bid, postage, vat, handling charge , it all comes out to spot + a reasonable mark up

NO, not good to buy out of Europe , duty charge elsewhere

What could be simpler than a bank transfer, especially to a UK account? PayPal is ok but as with card payments, they charge a fee - so most sellers would probably prefer direct payment, and can offer better pricing as a result. For eBay with the whole buyer protection thing it works but elsewhere PayPal is for convenience imo

What could be simpler than a bank transfer, especially to a UK account? PayPal is ok but as with card payments, they charge a fee - so most sellers would probably prefer direct payment, and can offer better pricing as a result. For eBay with the whole buyer protection thing it works but elsewhere PayPal is for convenience imo

100% agree with what SS said.

What's the issue with bank transfers and foreign currency transactions? Both are very simple and you can add fees on when comparing prices.

In closing, I'd proffer that nobody will sell silver in the UK with PayPal for £16 an ounce. It's simple math I'd imagine.

£12.30 silver, with VAT and 4% PayPal fees is £15.25. That leaves no margin at all.

Stacker since 2013

Archived