• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Reduced and relisted 1856 California fractional Gold 25c ms64

Scaffstacker

Here I have for sale a awesome piece of California gold rush history from 1856,

these California fractionals were produced during the gold rush era as change during the gold rush for the higher domination currency,

these coins are hard to find genuine examples and especially in high grades.

the coin is graded m64 and there’s only 4 examples in the world graded at this with ngc and there’s only 3 graded higher with them.

posted sd, lower than last weeks coin cabinet auctions sales of later coins.

£100 lower than I paid due to lower spot.

thank you for looking.

D1A9834F-0E52-4A66-BC3A-ACCAA840C291.png

987880E6-58EF-40DA-B3A1-1F1395207930.png

BB147900-242B-40F0-BCDF-E27ABEB3EB25.png

5F33738F-CFA0-4F39-AEE3-74C5BCD478E7.jpeg

4F6F90C5-19B4-471B-883F-74A8FEC7E700.jpeg

• Scaffstacker changed the title to 1856 California fractional Gold 25c ms64
52 minutes ago, Leonmarsh said:

This was previously my coin, submitted by me and it is simply wonderful and I mean wonderful it doesn't get better than this with fractional Cali gold 

Early, high grade sublime the buyer will not be disappointed 

Thanks for your kind words Leon, such a beauty keep questioning myself listing it haha.

27 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Stunner... First time I've seen this. I don't normally hang out in this part of the forum . 

Where all the best coins are

11 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

I call this the posh sales side. Slabs aren't my usual thing but since having my gothic portrait slabbed I can see the appeal. 

Nice to have coins that don't look like turds 

16 hours ago, Mtaybar said:

Stunner... First time I've seen this. I don't normally hang out in this part of the forum . 

I’m usually the same with slabbed coins, there’s only certain coins I’ll make the jump to slabbed if there rare/highly faked etc.

• Scaffstacker changed the title to Reduced 1856 California fractional Gold 25c ms64
11 hours ago, Leonmarsh said:

Can't believe this is still here mate 

1 hour ago, Leonmarsh said:

Thought this may help the sale 

This is a period 1 Cali fractional which makes it very rare and very valuable 1854 to 1856 they were circulated coinage until the newly formed Sam Francisco mint outlawed these coins with the secret service 

Screenshot_20220828-082812.png

I know it’s crazy but this forum seems to be for sovereigns or close to spot haha, 

thank you for the post it’s some insightful reading really do like this coin still in two minds. 🙃🤣

• Scaffstacker changed the title to Reduced and relisted 1856 California fractional Gold 25c ms64

Archived