• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Out of 'hibernation'...

jwahind

Morning good SilverForum folks!

I joined back in 21019 - bought a few beasts, and then decided I would concentrate on Gold £2 coins...

I bought a Pepys 350th Anniversary (it was a very small edition, as far as I recall), got it graded courtesy of Numistaker,  and then I got caught up in crypto and Ethereum :-)

I've been debating what to do with my  coins for a while now, and this morning I took the plunge and have listed them all on here (the G£2 Pepys and my 4 1/4oz 'Queen's Beasts').

I'm not totally sure how the listings work - do I need to check back in the forums regularly to see if someone is interested in my sales, or will I get 'pinged' an email?

Having not sold anything before, obviously people may be wary of my listing - what is the etiquette on payment? Do I ship before receiving the money, or should I expect to be paid first? - Any pointers to articles I may have missed would be greatly appreciated!

James

30 minutes ago, jwahind said:

Morning good SilverForum folks!

I joined back in 21019 - bought a few beasts, and then decided I would concentrate on Gold £2 coins...

I bought a Pepys 350th Anniversary (it was a very small edition, as far as I recall), got it graded courtesy of Numistaker,  and then I got caught up in crypto and Ethereum 🙂

I've been debating what to do with my  coins for a while now, and this morning I took the plunge and have listed them all on here (the G£2 Pepys and my 4 1/4oz 'Queen's Beasts').

I'm not totally sure how the listings work - do I need to check back in the forums regularly to see if someone is interested in my sales, or will I get 'pinged' an email?

Having not sold anything before, obviously people may be wary of my listing - what is the etiquette on payment? Do I ship before receiving the money, or should I expect to be paid first? - Any pointers to articles I may have missed would be greatly appreciated!

James

If you go on the buy/sell tab there is lots of good information there for listing etc. Very much required reading before doing anything! Very helpful.

Aside from checking the instructions pinned in the Buy/Sell forum you want to list (as mentioned above), once you list your item you should automatically get subscribed to the topic and receive emails when someone comments on it. Additionally, you should receive an email every time you get a private message (some people might send you a message directly rather than comment first). You will want to check at least once a day just to be safe as sometimes notification emails do get delays.  Also you can "bump" your post every now and then to get it back in the top list, but read the rules on that and don't abuse it. Photos with a piece of paper where you write your username and date are recommended, especially for new users and might give more confidence to potential buyers.

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain

I've just looked at the listing

you could add things like 

1, Plus postage at buyers choice and risk or if included in the price

2, Payment options, eg; Bank Transfer (BT) or Paypal Friends and Family (PP  F&F)

3, If UK only or international allowed

4, you could ask them to either comment on the thread or do a direct message (DM) where you will get an email alert

Other than that, the photos and descriptions are fine

hope this helps me hearty... 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.