• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

same coins with same diameter

JJH

as title
Recently RM has released many coins with the same pattern and diameter but different weight, like platinum jubilee serious,etc
1/2 oz,10OZ and kilogram level are excluded here, so it mean 1OZ 2OZ 3OZ 5OZ
😏who has the chance to own the majority .Or compare 1OZ to 5OZ

Wondering if there is a difference in their relief🤨

But the relief doesn't look different or is it because I'm only looking at internet photos so I can't tell the difference?
I know kilograms will make a big difference

as englian lion 1OZ The area is approximately 838 . 2OZ about 1256 .5oz about 1926

But according to this calculation, it should be that the smaller the coin's relief height will be the most obvious?

There seem to be other coins with smaller diameter differences if my memory is correct, but the actual weight difference is too big, don't they just increase the thickness instead of making the relief higher, and the mint doesn't seem to describe the thickness of the coins, why are they reluctant to reduce a little bit Thickness increases the height of the relief🤔

Edited by JJH

3 hours ago, JJH said:

as title
Recently RM has released many coins with the same pattern and diameter but different weight, like platinum jubilee serious,etc
1/2 oz,10OZ and kilogram level are excluded here, so it mean 1OZ 2OZ 3OZ 5OZ
😏who has the chance to own the majority .Or compare 1OZ to 5OZ

Wondering if there is a difference in their relief🤨

But the relief doesn't look different or is it because I'm only looking at internet photos so I can't tell the difference?
I know kilograms will make a big difference

as englian lion 1OZ The area is approximately 838 . 2OZ about 1256 .5oz about 1926

But according to this calculation, it should be that the smaller the coin's relief height will be the most obvious?

There seem to be other coins with smaller diameter differences if my memory is correct, but the actual weight difference is too big, don't they just increase the thickness instead of making the relief higher, and the mint doesn't seem to describe the thickness of the coins, why are they reluctant to reduce a little bit Thickness increases the height of the relief🤔

Yes, some coins are thicker than others. These appeal to thicker coin collectors.

On second thoughts, perhaps I should re-phrase that! 😎

We do sometimes try to measure the relief, by measuring the thickness or depth across the "fields", than again across the highest points of the design.

This takes some time, and as there is mechanical contact, though slight, there is some risk of damaging the coin.

I do not have a definitive answer to your question, but as far as British coins are concerned, you could try asking the Royal Mint, good luck with your enquiry.

Chards