• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 2oz Gold Proof and 2oz Silver Proof Monarchs - Henry VII

AndrewSL76

Good afternoon, TSF,

I have bought a 2oz Gold Proof and 2oz Silver Proof Henry VII portrait coin from the Mint. They should be with me by Monday at the latest and my initial plan was to grade and keep for a while before sending to auction. However, I have changed my mind and will be looking to return these to the Mint - before I do so, I wanted to ask if anyone had any interest in them? I am taking a strange step of not going too high in terms of seeking profit and have position both coins at the level that the recent Gothic Quartered Arms sold for. I am also open to offers if anyone is interested in buying both together.

If so, please PM me to discuss the best way to manage the sale and handover!

2oz Gold Proof - RRP is £4775.00 - I am asking £4,995.00    now: £4,850.00

2oz Silver Proof - RRP is £185.00 - I am asking £260.00    SOLD

Postage and insurance is additional but I am also happy to meet in Central London, if easier.

The 2oz Gold is currently on a well known auction site with a starting bid of £5,500.00. The 2oz Silver is not being offered there as I expect it to sell quite quickly and would rather sell it here regardless of more profit being available on the auction site.

If anyone is interested in grading the coins, I would happily send them to NGC for you - you can pick the service and only pay the exact fee that I would pay if grading myself. I would not be taking any fee for providing the grading service. The grading fee would only be requested at the point the invoice was raised (at point of collection).

Bank transfer only, please. 

Thanks in advance for any interest.

With apologies as it has taken me some time to get to this - but there was a request for the silver over PM that came in before yours @colnago. I have only just worked out the timings and have to be fair to the persons making the first request. I may be able to get a second one, but I doubt it now at this late stage. Really sorry about this.

Gold remains available and is now listed at £5k on the well known auction site given that I have the 80% off standard fees offer (so if it sells for £5k I will be paying around £150 in fees - so still a small profit). With that in mind, the coin is now offered here for £4,850.00 plus postage/insurance

Andrew.

2 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

With apologies as it has taken me some time to get to this - but there was a request for the silver over PM that came in before yours @colnago. I have only just worked out the timings and have to be fair to the persons making the first request. I may be able to get a second one, but I doubt it now at this late stage. Really sorry about this.

Gold remains available and is now listed at £5k on the well known auction site given that I have the 80% off standard fees offer (so if it sells for £5k I will be paying around £150 in fees - so still a small profit). With that in mind, the coin is now offered here for £4,850.00 plus postage/insurance

Andrew.

Cheers for the update @AndrewSL76 fairs fair, good luck to the buyer 

• 2 months later...

Archived