• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

More "Death of the Dollar" News.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds good mate be good to know how you get on with it:) they really are fantastic value and build quality is better than you would expect at the price.

Had a feel of one in the shop, feels nice.

Wanted the black stock but they didn't have one so ended up with a wood stock one (couldn't wait 3 weeks) lol.

I'll unbox and play tomorrow.

D

Stacker since 2013

Lol.  I used to play competitive tournament paintaball and I have a few setups at home.   I used to do target practice with reballs, reusable foamy rubber balls.  You could get a cheap tournament setup and shoot reballs at 350fps (270-300fps is tournament speed, over that gets dangerous) at 20-40 balls a second.

Could be a good non lethal deterrent.  Could certainly put someone down without doing permanent damage.

Unfortunately i lent my dive tank (for refilling air) and reballs to another team, who dropped off the face of the earth :(

Could be a good non lethal deterrent. Could certainly put someone down without doing permanent damage.

All of my weapons are meant to be as devastating as possible.

They will only be used in anger if my home or family are threatened.

Crossbow, 7 swords and a 3 foot crowbar should get me by if the worst happens.

I sincerely doubt it will ever happen, but they were all fairly cheap and I'd rather have the option than not.

Stacker since 2013

7 Swords!  Are you a Hindu god? ^_^

Motocross armour is a good idea too and can be picked up cheap on ebay, if you don't mind it scuffed and smelly.

Maybe you should consider a first line of non lethal defense?

Maybe you should consider a first line of non lethal defense?

I have, the fists of fury and my forehead!!!

I have thought about body armour, but I'll keep that on the back-burner.

Somebody my build wouldn't be on a motocross bike I wouldn't imagine, so I might struggle to find a set that fits. Good call though, hadn't considered that.

Stacker since 2013

For "less" lethal a good catapult is not to be dismissed,

People might think im crazy here but im putting together a full riot gear setup from bits and bobs i pick up on the cheap, if anyones interested il post up some pics:) 

Saw the london riots and realized how utterly unprepared I was. Not that I think it will mean i can withhold a large amount of people..but its something id rather have than not. 

For "less" lethal a good catapult is not to be dismissed,

People might think im crazy here but im putting together a full riot gear setup from bits and bobs i pick up on the cheap, if anyones interested il post up some pics:)

Saw the london riots and realized how utterly unprepared I was. Not that I think it will mean i can withhold a large amount of people..but its something id rather have than not.

I'm interested mate.

The riots is what set me going too, Birmingham was also bad.

The shop I bought the xbow from had black widow type catapults for £5. Almost bought one.

Had one as a kid and shot the neighbours garage window through (on purpose). Didn't realise it had gone through both rear windows on his Fiesta until the next day. Lol.

Stacker since 2013

post-117-0-54707300-1405098805_thumb.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Barnett-COBRA-Power-Hunting-Slingshot-Catapult-with-Sight-FREE-Practice-AMMO-/400002082709?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item5d21fb6795

They are more but these are much better , much more powerful and accurate.

Il get some pics sorted of how far i have got:P

That's badass.

What shot do you use in it?

Stacker since 2013

Haha however unlikely it ever is anyone on the wrong end of this stuff wont be a victim:P 

Once someone forcefully trys go gain entry to my house to try and harm me or my family would be the only time it was ever used. 

Though it does make me think its a good job the people doing the rioting didn't have this kinda gear or the police would have had a much harder time! of course training plays a massive part though.

get a spare band and your good to go:) much faster on reload times, and still damn powerful.

Yeah I'll probably buy one. Looks cool too.

I'm going to get some pepper spray hopefully too as my non-lethal alternative.

Stacker since 2013

I actually struggled stringing it myself and im a big lad too, there is a technique apparently that makes it easier but getting help from a second person easier if possible.

Just tried to string it, well that was a fail.

To say it's hard is an understatement!!!!

I'll have another go tomorrow. Can't find mention of this technique you speak of, I need to do it on my own.

Stacker since 2013

Archived