• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Help with pricing some 9ct gold jewellery please…

Scootermuppet

Hi all,

was chatting to my cousin last week, and was telling her about the forum when she mentioned she had some gold jewellery that she didn’t wear any more. She disappeared and came back with 2 bracelets and a watch!

Hallmarks seem to be 9ct gold, and she asked me what they would be worth… Not having a clue how to price them, I said I’d ask you folks - you were bound to know! ☺️👍

Can anyone help with the way to value 9ct gold? If she’d have had a sovereign, I could have made an educated guess 😂

I do have pictures and approximate weights etc, but didn’t want to just post them ‘cold’ as it might seem a bit rude.

Any and all pointers or information welcome!

Cheers,
Bob

(P.S will be listing on the forum once I have a way to determine their value, hence asking first)

Not an expert, but from what I've seen listed previously then jewellery tends to sell for only a few percent above its spot value - unless its something exceptional like a big brand piece. 

So you'd need to weigh it accurately, ideally with a picture of the item on a scale. Multiply the weight in grams by 0.375 (9ct) and multiply that by the spot price.

Maybe try selling at say 2-3% over spot value and see what happens.

Good luck!

Brilliant! 😁 thanks @TheShinyStuff - that will enable me to let my cousin know a value.

Only weighed on a kitchen scale so far (digital - Heston Bluemnthal no less! 😁) which gave us 37 grams for both bracelets. Need a 0.1g or better scale now…

The watch could be more difficult, not sure if the case back is gold 🤔 - although it could be on the inside of the case I guess…but watch bracelet certainly is - maybe a trip to a local jewellers is in order for that one.

Cheers,
Bob