• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Swap, likeish for likeish, 1oz Brit 20, 1/4 Brit 20 and 1/4 Gold Standard 20.

FFposh

Dear all,

I am tentatively creating my first new topic offering the above coins for  exchange having read "converting maples to Sovs......best way" by Melon.

The above coins were my first precious metal purchases at the end of last year and I bought 4 of each from the Royal Mint. One each for me and my three kids. Subsequently I have changed my plans and only wish to buy 3 of any coin going forward. To tidy up my 'stack' I would like to offer all of the above coins for a 1oz 21 and 2 x 1/4oz 21 (going to start date runs). Is this something of interest to anyone out there? Of course I will split the coins btw.

Ive never sold anything before and can't really be bothered squabbling over a few quid either way. I have bought quite a bit of silver from members this year and acknowledge the need for a positive seller rating. I am more than happy to forward these items on trust for verification.

Photos of 1/4s below, can get access to the 1oz tomorrow.

If I am suggesting something outrageous or with some premium anomalies (either way!) please comment.

Thanks guys.

Ps. Coins still in RM capsules, in pristine condition. Any marks are on capsule.

1634404070211.jpg

1634404071651.jpg

I had obviously thought of this but apart from a special offer by Hatton Garden Metals on 2020 Standards last night (it seems to have disappeared now, although i could be wrong too) I have to admit that I am struggling to come up with a 'price' as I can't find those 1/4s in stock anywhere else. Out of stock pricing ranged from £360 to low 400s, although I appreciate these are probably outdated. It just seemed an easy first method to achieve what I want. 

Added to that, I've never sold before and don't really know how to price these things. I would be guessing.

Time will tell. Thanks for super speedy advice, I may just follow it!!👍

39 minutes ago, FFposh said:

I had obviously thought of this but apart from a special offer by Hatton Garden Metals on 2020 Standards last night (it seems to have disappeared now, although i could be wrong too) I have to admit that I am struggling to come up with a 'price' as I can't find those 1/4s in stock anywhere else. Out of stock pricing ranged from £360 to low 400s, although I appreciate these are probably outdated. It just seemed an easy first method to achieve what I want. 

Added to that, I've never sold before and don't really know how to price these things. I would be guessing.

Time will tell. Thanks for super speedy advice, I may just follow it!!👍

It's hard to imagine in my humble opinion someone looking to swap a 2021 1oz coin with the new security mark for a 2020 (now if it was a oriental border Britannia or another interesting one then I'd say you stood a greater chance) There's another 1/4 gold standard coin currently on here for £385 posted so I'd begin there as for the other 1/4 £355+ post seems a fair starting point,then the 1oz I'd imagine will start receiving offers around the £1325 + post mark...without knowing your circumstances (not do I want to lol) I'd sit on what you already have and buy more when affordable as you will then bring your cost average down (I'd imagine you paid a lot more at the end of last year than gold is now)

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

It's hard to imagine in my humble opinion someone looking to swap a 2021 1oz coin with the new security mark for a 2020 (now if it was a oriental border Britannia or another interesting one then I'd say you stood a greater chance) There's another 1/4 gold standard coin currently on here for £385 posted so I'd begin there as for the other 1/4 £355+ post seems a fair starting point,then the 1oz I'd imagine will start receiving offers around the £1325 + post mark...without knowing your circumstances (not do I want to lol) I'd sit on what you already have and buy more when affordable as you will then bring your cost average down (I'd imagine you paid a lot more at the end of last year than gold is now)

Yeah, 2021 security features had occurred to me too! Hence 'premium anomalies'.

You might be right though, maybe it's unrealistic to expect/hope for a swap.

And yes, I did come into this at an expensive time!!🤣. No doubt about that!!

I suppose that if I sell now the price of gold is low, at least it will be cheap(ish) to replace. 🤔

A nice problem to have of course.

Much obliged for your help.