• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Ordering from EMK, for Delivery in the USA?

GoldenSakura

Hello,

I'm new to stacking/collecting and stumbled upon EMK. They seem to have a lot of "EMK Exclusive" items that I like, and apparently you can't get elsewhere?

I'm wondering if anybody in the US has ordered from them and can tell me if it's worth it? From my research you don't have to pay duty or import tax on gold, and if it's under $10k you don't really need to do anything. Silver you do need to pay tax? I also read some issues where the postal service will mistakenly tax you on gold?

My order will be maybe a few silver coins, and one 1oz gold coin (maybe even less). What's the tax on silver? I should choose FedEx over DHL for shipping, right? Any other suggestions or feedback is appreciated.

Thank you

Edited by GoldenSakura
Text fix

4 hours ago, GoldenSakura said:

Hello,

I'm new to stacking/collecting and stumbled upon EMK. They seem to have a lot of "EMK Exclusive" items that I like, and apparently you can't get elsewhere?

I'm wondering if anybody in the US has ordered from them and can tell me if it's worth it? From my research you don't have to pay duty or import tax on gold, and if it's under $10k you don't really need to do anything. Silver you do need to pay tax? I also read some issues where the postal service will mistakenly tax you on gold?

My order will be maybe a few silver coins, and one 1oz gold coin (maybe even less). What's the tax on silver? I should choose FedEx over DHL for shipping right? Any other suggestions or feedback is appreciated.

Thank you

No idea what the charges will be shipping to the US, But in UK we get a 20% VAT charge on silver.

8 hours ago, GoldenSakura said:

Hello,

My order will be maybe a few silver coins, and one 1oz gold coin (maybe even less). What's the tax on silver? I should choose FedEx over DHL for shipping right? Any other suggestions or feedback is appreciated.

Thank you

You can't rely on any of the mainstream carriers for "shipping right". They all make mistakes on documentation, customs declarations, etc., they also lose things, and employees steal things.

Some are better than others. Perhaps Fedex in the USA are OK, but in the UK, they are pathetic in my experience, although they will, like most other big companies, tell you and the rest of the world the opposite.

You can get near perfection in "shipping right", but then you would be talking about charges starting at $1000 upwards per shipment, using Brinks, Loomis, or the like.

Your expression "shipping right" makes me think about 10cc, "...concentrating on trucking right..."

BTW, for "EMK Exclusive" or "*** Exclusive", think "EMK Expensive" or "*** Expensive".

😎

Chards