• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Processed silver for sale.

I’ve got just over 850grams of pure silver, I used nitric acid and distilled water to process silver from scrap jewellery and ornaments plus cutlery and scrap silver British and American coins that can’t be read or dated,pic below is of the silver going though another process of cleaning and drying. But they are now processed after 6 cleans and 2 remelts plus redoxed back into silver crystal. This ideal for jewellery makers or if you want to cast your own coins etc would be ideal.image.thumb.jpg.ea8f9ce00cc4ffded38e17e092fe65dc.jpg

25% coins are 500/1000 silver and 800/1000 silver content 

10% coins are 999/1000 content 1oz silver.

23% ornaments are 925/1000 / 950/1000 content silver.

27% scrap jewellery are 925/1000 content silver.

15% cutlery scrap are 925/1000 and 950/1000 content silver.

Used an total 164.3grams of pure copper plate and bar to produce 850+grams of silver I’ve melted down 1oz in to shot as can see in pictures with 3 square blocks of pure silver.

Silver nitrate (AgNO3) reacts with copper (Cu) to form copper(II) nitrate (Cu(NO3)2) and silver (Ag). This can be called a redox reaction because silver nitrate is reduced and copper is oxidized. This can also be called a single replacement reaction because copper replaces silver in the substance silver nitrate.

5 hours ago, Silverlife86 said:

I’ve got just over 850grams of pure silver, I used nitric acid and distilled water to process silver from scrap jewellery and ornaments plus cutlery and scrap silver British and American coins that can’t be read or dated,pic below is of the silver going though another process of cleaning and drying. But they are now processed after 6 cleans and 2 remelts plus redoxed back into silver crystal. This ideal for jewellery makers or if you want to cast your own coins etc would be ideal.image.thumb.jpg.ea8f9ce00cc4ffded38e17e092fe65dc.jpg

25% coins are 500/1000 silver and 800/1000 silver content 

10% coins are 999/1000 content 1oz silver.

23% ornaments are 925/1000 / 950/1000 content silver.

27% scrap jewellery are 925/1000 content silver.

15% cutlery scrap are 925/1000 and 950/1000 content silver.

Used an total 164.3grams of pure copper plate and bar to produce 850+grams of silver I’ve melted down 1oz in to shot as can see in pictures with 3 square blocks of pure silver.

Silver nitrate (AgNO3) reacts with copper (Cu) to form copper(II) nitrate (Cu(NO3)2) and silver (Ag). This can be called a redox reaction because silver nitrate is reduced and copper is oxidized. This can also be called a single replacement reaction because copper replaces silver in the substance silver nitrate.

Are you for the UK? Where did you get nitric acid from? Try posting in the for sale section.

3 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

Are you for the UK? Where did you get nitric acid from? Try posting in the for sale section.

be careful!

for those who do not know, the reason it is hard to obtain in the uk is that it is an explosive precursor

possession without licence  is a criminal offence

however...for those living in more enlightened regimes , you can purify drain cleaner to obtain fuming nitric acid

..or so youtube leads me to believe

1 hour ago, Bigmarc said:

Has anyone been through the process to actually get a licence? 

i did start looking into getting one . its not too expensive, around £40 i think

i decided to wait till i acquired all the melting equipment i needed first before going down the refining route

i am collecting gold electronic waste to purify 

i have an industrial unit i work from, but a suspect the landlord might not be too happy to learn i have a licence for explosive and poison precursors

i think if you said you were a silversmith refining waste it should be ok

This is an interesting thread. 

OP, have you sold this sort of thing before? I only ask as proving provenance when selling remotely looks like it would be difficult. If you were to cast your metal into bars or rounds it may be easier to sell (especially if it was hallmarked, but the assay process may not make things cost effective). Just "thinking aloud".

The license for using nitric acid being so cheap is good. I assume you have to prove you have a place and reason to use it, like when you apply for a shotgun license? I'll have to have a look into it for the sake of curiosity.

1 hour ago, Liam84 said:

This is an interesting thread. 

OP, have you sold this sort of thing before? I only ask as proving provenance when selling remotely looks like it would be difficult. If you were to cast your metal into bars or rounds it may be easier to sell (especially if it was hallmarked, but the assay process may not make things cost effective). Just "thinking aloud".

The license for using nitric acid being so cheap is good. I assume you have to prove you have a place and reason to use it, like when you apply for a shotgun license? I'll have to have a look into it for the sake of curiosity.

Just looking at it, it's a epp license. It says it will not be issued if there is a safer alternative. I am assuming you need a extraction hood and a filter, somewhere to lock it up and £40. I'm not sure about it being issued for the hobbyist.