• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 ASE 1oz ‘Emergency Production’

AndrewSL76

Good afternoon,

Can anyone please help with specific information about the Emergency Production ASEs that were graded by NGC last year and put into many different and coloured holders (notably in some cases the same green colour they use for the monster boxes).

I have one of the Early Release Green ones - census reports there are 420 of these (if I have read the census report correctly). I can’t really see much more information and would like to learn a bit more about this if anyone can help.

Cheers!

Andrew.

Andrew,

In April 2020, 240,000 Silver Eagles were minted in Philadelphia while operations were temporarily suspended at the West Point Mint due to the coronavirus pandemic, making this the second rarest bullion issue Silver Eagle in the series' 34 year history. 
With a mintage of only 240,000, the 2020 Philadelphia Silver Eagle is among the rarest bullion issue Silver Eagles, second only to the 2015 Philadelphia issue.

Silver Eagles were produced at the Philadelphia Mint between April 8th and April 20th, 2020, as a result of the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on operations at the West Point Mint, where Silver Eagles are typically produced. This marks the first time since 2017 that Silver Eagles were made outside of West Point, and the second smallest production of bullion Silver Eagles since 1986. With a mintage of only 240,000, these Silver Eagles are among the rarest Silver Eagles available, with less than 7% of the mintage of the key date 1996 coin.

With respect to PCGS graded coins for 2020-P Emergency Issue, there were First Strike, First Day of Issue, and Early Release...NGC looks to be similar with the 2020 (P) Emergency Production. I am sure there is some distinction between those three strike nuances over 13 days of mintage, but I am typically dumbfounded by what that may be.

Archived