• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Buying silver through revolute

Bigmarc

Hi 

I have had a revolute account for a number of years and until now I have only used it as a general card account. Within the app there is the ability to buy silver and gold, the terms state they have a account and the metals are vaulted in their name. This is all fine but I am wondering about the vat with silver. Has any had any experience with this? Up to now I have only been interested in physical for long term, but am starting to think that if there was a bull market coming and I wanted fast exposure, is this a viable option?

Hi Marc,

I have used Revoluts' services for Crypto investments and it works in a similar way where the assests are held by another company in Revoluts name. Though you have the ability to buy and sell 24/7 which is nice.

I'm not sure how their commodity feature works, but I would expect it to work in a similar fashion, perhaps not having the ability of buy and sell 24/7, but rather trading hours during the week. I don't think any VAT can be applicable considering this would be paper silver. Unless it states somewhere in the T&C that you can request your stake in Silver physically, chances are that it's just a paper purchase backed by whatever revolut has vaulted.

I will say that though the platform and services are great in my experience, they do charge quite high commissions, atleast for the Crypto section. 

All in all, I do think it's a viable option for a short-medium term gain. I would just confirm the buy/sell abilities and check the % of commission they charge on buying and selling commodities via their app and make a decision based on that.

All the best,

Yes I have had a revolut for years, but only used it for currency really. I've had a quick look at the stock and it seems good for covering the big companies. I may do a small trade just incase there is any setting up to do. I think there is a 1.5% charge per transaction when the market is open and 2.25% when the market is closed. 

I would only use it if I wanted fast exposure to the spot price. Otherwise I will keep stacking. 

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

You're most welcome!

I'm not sure what you refer to as ''the stock'', silver & gold purchases via revolut are in the ''commodity'' section if you open the app and click the ''wealth'' icon. Best of luck, I think it has potential over the short/medium term.

Archived