• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

It's been a busy fortnight...

CaptCaveMan

I've not made many posts to-date but have been busy in the evenings trying to get a little more familiar with the site and trying to read up and watch various clips on YouTube on stacking.

I've know I've made the usual newbie mistakes of buying at high prices on eBay but purchases are for the long term... and they're birth year Brits for the teenagers, at least that's what I keep telling myself!

So, why am I here on TSF?  Well, my eldest will be err 21 in a couple of years and have a couple more following over the next few so wanted to start something that hopefully hold value, that they can't spend overnight and hopefully teach them a little more about their finances and future wealth... I didn't want to just top up their bank accounts 😂

I think I'm starting to get familiar with the layout things, my thanks to all the staff in maintaining things.

I'd like to say a big thanks to @Pete who steered me in the right direction from day one in joining.  He advised me on setting up a spreadsheet, documenting pricing; max, min, nominal prices, preferred price points etc. This led me onto some of the templates members have already shared.  I think I've now set-up my stack list and an obligatory pivot table summary as well as an info sheet on Britannia's - I just need to find a site with spot prices I can import from the web which allows me to refresh without a log-in 😉

I'm learning all about purity, mass, ounces vs. troy ounces, reverse & obverse etc. there's a wealth of knowledge to soak up for a newbie!

My stack has gone from zero to soon to be 20 tOz's of Brits in days and I'm also debating in my head over Sovereign's or 1/4 tOz Gold Brits... at this rate my other habits will be stopped in their tracks.

Just thought I should write a quick thanks for the warm welcome, now onto saving the pennies for the odd splurge or two again moving forward.

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

Good show Capt... Bullion By Post have decent price charts which update quickly and a quick refresh will let you see the fluctuations on a real time, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, etc etc... which can be good to see the history of the price changes back decades...

And of course this forum has prices right at the top which update regularly... 

I do prefer to see the chart moving so i know what the metals are doing over a week... 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

Thanks @Gordy

Didn't know if this would be useful or if anyone has any pointers to improve, only intermediate knowledge from long ago...

Here's a copy (Excel 365) of a list to use and abuse, thought I should share as a number of others have in the past which helped me put this one together.

I've set up a simple list with a few details under 'Stack', this worksheet also contains a web link to spot prices which will update on opening the file.

The 'Summary' worksheet is simply a pivot with a couple of calculated fields.

Hope it's of use, I've just quickly added some sample data 👍

Example Bullion Stack.xlsx

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

Archived