• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Is it difficult to sell coins here as a newbie? Would Premium-Membership help?

Silverdigger

1 minute ago, kimchi said:

@BackyardBullion I am sorry, I did not mean to be rude (?). I am not inexperienced in a quantity of coins either, and I want a Sigma now. For 1oz (and more) coins they are extremely accurate.

I thought I gave a balanced opinion of the fine service I believe you offer - obviously you disagree.

Anyway, best wishes for 2021 :)

No, I didn't take offence, sorry if that came across in my post. Some members earlier said they felt forced to use my services, I wanted to set the ground straight that I offer a fair service for what it is.

As to sigma's, it's totally down to each person, if someone was to give me one for free I would use it 100% - but I dont think paying for one is a justified expense for me.

Others do, and that's fine - difference of opinions are what internet forums are all about 😉

Hope there are no hard feelings, certainly none from my side 😀

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Have there been many instances in this forum where an item has been paid for and not received? I would have thought with tracked delivery that such an event would be relatively easy to remedy in the small claims court.

I guess instances where the item was not in the condition specified (or, worse, a fake) might be harder to prove and remedy.

1 hour ago, billysilver said:

It would be unreasonable to expect to sell £2000 worth of silver in one lot in a space where no Trust has been built within the community.

Your silver is an amazing price and I would Love a crack at it if I had the free cash but there would be absolutely zero chance I would send £2000 to a stranger with zero rep, that's far too high an expectation of Trust. Which is why BYB's service is excellent and why you would have been encouraged and advised towards using it.

I imagine you must be in a position where you need £2000 sharpish, otherwise you would sell 1oz at a time, which you could do quite successfully as a newbie, building your rep as you go and then once an established and trusted member of the community then shifting larger volumes at once.

If I were in a position where I needed the cash, so I figured I will will sell a high price lot of silver in a community I have just entered, I wouldn't expect automatic Trust, I would expect to give something  and the fee for the intermediary service seems like an entirely reasonable thing to give in exchange for facilitating a bulk sale as a new member.

Or you could get lucky and somebody near by may see your listing and be happy to meet a stranger in person carrying £2000 in their back pocket.

I think it highly unlikely though...

I find this strange feedback. I am buy no means in a rush. I priced it what I think is fair. It's way above spot, but lower than most selling on here. I can wait as long as it takes, and I don't forsee Silver prices going down anytime soon.

I take it you didn't read my listing? I'm hoping a collection sale where someone can inspect and see proof of purchase. They can then phone through a bank transfer when they are happy. It happens instantly on fast transfers. They can even hold that beautiful heavy shiny weight while they do it. Im not sure what more trust I can assure a buyer with. It's far better than 'posting'.

I take it you have never bought a used car privately? This is surely the same, however involving much less money, and it's not going to break down halfway down the road!!

Again a lot of these comments are suggesting to me it's very hard to shift physical silver once you have it, not good promotion imo from people who are trying to sell sell sell themselves.

31 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

offer my services at a price, people can lay for that service or use other members for free - I am offering a service at the end of the day and that takes my time so I get compensation for it. If I offered it for free I think I would be doing countless trade facilitations and it would be quite burdensome!

Please don't think I'm getting at your service. I think these services are great. I've seen a lot of your you tube and you obviously are well established and liked...and are much needed. Plus I'm a big fan of local businesses.

I've only ever bought Silver and never sold any. I'm just a bit surprised by the advice so far which in my opinion is not promoting owning silver. Or at least it's made me contemplate my whole investment with Physical, which is sad as I hate ETFs/stocks.

Maybe I will need you, but as stated in no rush so will wait it out. Maybe I'll come when spot reaches my current sale price, then we'll both be happy.

11 hours ago, kamik0zi said:

I have now managed to sell the stack I was selling. It took a month or so to get going but sales massively took off after Christmas and I'm grateful to TSF members who offered friendship and those who bought as well. I might put into words a summary of my experience for the benefit of future newbies, if I get the chance.

I bought from kamik0zi. I am new on here but it was a great experience and I feel very safe buying on here. He delivered on time and the coins were great. I know some people on eBay are scammers. But i would expect most people on here are legit. I may be too trusting but I'd rather be that than suspicious of everyone.

Archived