• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Generic Silver Purchase

Lustifer

Hi Everyone,

I did a generic 5oz. silver bar purchase and received some Mint ID bars. I cannot find capsules for these. Any idea where to get some or if they even make this size capsules?

Thank you in advance.

5oz Silver MintID Bar .999+

Metal Content 5 troy ounces

Thickness 6.5mm
Dimensions 64.7mm x 36.8mm

I just googled 5 oz silver bar capsule, and came up with a few hits on Amazon and specialty online stores. I think one problem might be the length of the bar, which seems non-standard. Most 5 oz bars are around 61 - 62 mm long (or tall, depending on your perspective).

5 oz bars are less common than 1 and 10 oz bars, so there tend to be fewer options for capsules. It would be so cool if mints would agree to an industry standard for the precise dimensions of each size bar. That way there would be one standard capsule size for each.

The Coin Supply Store has 5 oz capsules, but these ones seem too short for your bar. I assume they have others though:

https://www.thecoinsupplystore.com/products/air-tite-5-oz-silver-bar-capsule

Archived