• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sovereigns under spot or a stick and carrot?

Foster88

19 hours ago, Hunter87 said:

They advertise at that price but it doesn't let you complete the payment at check out. I gave it a try to test if its legit but comes back as server error on payment. So you cant actually buy for that price. 

On 14/10/2020 at 22:07, Mike said:

Interesting thread, there was something about the name that was familiar.  In 2018, I bought a 2002 sovereign from Josephine coins, back in the days when you got 10% discount vouchers that could be used on precious metals - I ended up with a very nice BU sovereign for less than spot. 

I don't think these are scammers, but probably more in the same camp as H&B, hooking you in with a loss leader

Not even sure its that considered. It just looks like no one has been managing or updating website for quite some time.

It still references the ability to 'preorder' a 2019 sovereign catalogue. Plus if hasn't been updated since about late 2018 to early 2019 wouldn't the gold price been about £30-36 per gram  - so £260 price for a sovereign could be about right? Looking at the company filing history the named founder/Director Cassie Morris (whose name is all over the website), ceased to be a person with significant control in the company back in August 2019.  August 2019 is also the last month anyone posted anything up on their Facebook site other than updating the phone number in Feb of this year. 

Amusingly  yesterday someone has asked them on their Facebook page if they are selling a sovereign for £260 - so maybe we'll find out!

Archived