• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

For new people generally Fake 2020 Silver Eagles from Wish

Aknot

I mean if you are buying from Wish you should know better..... however they could and are probably in places like Ebay etc. Hard to "test" if you are buying online but for new people some visual coins...

On 04/09/2020 at 20:13, Aknot said:

I mean if you are buying from Wish you should know better..... however they could and are probably in places like Ebay etc. Hard to "test" if you are buying online but for new people some visual coins...

I’ve been really concerned about a lot of the stuff on eBay. Some coins look bang on but others look miles off - even to me with no experience in coins. I’ve been careful on eBay for years, but even though buyer protection has got better, you first need to know you’ve been had over!

Im thinking I’ll stick to the mint and here until I’ve found my feet! And thanks for the video, very useful.

8 minutes ago, Marquimoi88 said:

What would you say is the easiest method of testing for buyers?

In person with a PM tester is best (I believe). There is a seller (and I apologies I forget who it was) cant remember if it was here or Reddit but they sent a video of them testing the items before they sent them to me which was very nice. There are chemical tests but I would only use that for very large item (like a big bar).

Maybe someone else cna chime in Im only basing this on what Ive seen and read.

But just like anything someone could have a lot and 1 item out of a hundred could slip by. I would assume just building up a buying/selling reputation is best online.

Archived