• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Long Term Investments

2 hours ago, StackerCollector said:

Gold, silver, dividend stocks and reinvesting the dividends. Recently calculated what I will get from my German and UK pension. Let's call it a rude awakening :) Don't want to be dependent on government pension or support when I retire, so I started a while ago to put money aside for high-yield dividend stocks. Even though they might not pay any dividend in the next 1-2 years I am looking to get blue chips like BP, Royal Dutch, CocaCola, Gazprom, German insurance companies, IBM, Cisco and a dozen more as soon as the price for these stocks dips badly. 2009 levels would be nice. Including mining stocks, not for the dividends but the potential return. Ever since I bought a few shares of Gazprom and Mobilnye Telesystemi and received around 8% dividends for the former and +10% for the latter I am hooked.

Depends on your investment time frame of course. For me it's 25 years of continually adding to the portfolio and never taking any money out.

No I am in the same boat as you I don't want to depend on anyone for my retirement other than myself the pension pot will be empty by the time I retire. 

5 hours ago, TheMagpie said:

No I am in the same boat as you I don't want to depend on anyone for my retirement other than myself the pension pot will be empty by the time I retire. 

Remember the miners, jobs for life till maggie took them all...i got 4 pensions running combined with our lass...and i still made damn well sure i own the house outright, the cars outrights and have my percentage of solid investments...aka pms.

Archived