• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Economic Crash - Changing Your Habits?

With all the madness thats going on I see myself changing how I save my money as well as purchase metals. I normally only keep maybe 15%-20% of available cash/liquid assets in gold or silver. But with the current craziness of the virus and the fed saying they can print unlimited funds I am taking more cash on hand and purchasing more metals than normal. I want to increase my holdings to closer to 50% cash 50% precious metals . I normally only buy maybe $200ish per month metals but in the last month alone spent near $2,000 just on gold. I use to purchase mainly silver but after seeing and letting it really sink in that silver has such a commercial application and if factories arnt working then demand for silver goes way down. I am now heavily leaning to gold as my primary metal to stack. 

Have you guys changed up your stacking or saving strategies and what are you thoughts? 

I am the same, I have removed all my cash from the bank (possible bank runs) have bought 50% of my savings in Silver and looking to buy crypto to diversify, may wait till after the next dead cat bounce to buy Monero but Silver / Gold must be bought now before it's too late, Hyper inflation coming so tranfer fiat currency into undervalued assets.

I prefer silver as it in my view more undervalued than gold, silver is more speculative at this current time I believe but people will have their own perspective. 

Also if SHTF scenario occurs try exchanging your gold coin for bartering, you will lose out big time whereas silver will be easier, I take nothing off the table at this moment of time, we are all locked in our homes and who would have thought this, SHTF could happen, it's amazing how quickly people realised the value of hand sanitiser and toilet rolls, they will quickly realise the value of PM's when the money currency turns into toilet roll.

14 hours ago, pyperb said:

I prefer silver as it in my view more undervalued than gold, silver is more speculative at this current time I believe but people will have their own perspective. 

Also if SHTF scenario occurs try exchanging your gold coin for bartering, you will lose out big time whereas silver will be easier, I take nothing off the table at this moment of time, we are all locked in our homes and who would have thought this, SHTF could happen, it's amazing how quickly people realised the value of hand sanitiser and toilet rolls, they will quickly realise the value of PM's when the money currency turns into toilet roll.

Have a word with @CadmiumGreen - your both in same county! - He is a very ASTUTE member with a good handle on stuff! IMHO 👍

Archived