• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Fake coins

Dave

I'm hoping that you can access this link . Good info on fakes

. Basic info, member of this forum has bought and tested, fake coins and bars , nearly every 1oz silver coin and bar that you can buy has been faked, most of the newer issue ,I.e in the last 12 months will pass the magnet test, also weight is spot on, very small difference in thickness , many long time and experienced stackers have been caught out, Beware of 1 oz bars ( all makes) that are in bar capsules and sealed in sheets of plastic , 10- 20 bars at a time, many stackers have held these in original packaging , only to find they are good copy fakes when they have been sold on , he has tested or about to test ,upwards of 50 different coins and bars

Well Danny I guess I go down as one of your idiots as my first purchase was 100 mills bar.On Ebay. Everybody has to learn sometime and I think classing everyone new to the game as an idiot when they make a mistake with a purchase a bit much. I think as a stacker instead of looking after number one it is our job to try to help and educate people new to stacking on the scammers and pitfalls out there. And I am no longer new to stacking and am learning new stuff all the time.

Well Danny I guess I go down as one of your idiots as my first purchase was 100 mills bar.On Ebay. Everybody has to learn sometime and I think classing everyone new to the game as an idiot when they make a mistake with a purchase a bit much. I think as a stacker instead of looking after number one it is our job to try to help and educate people new to stacking on the scammers and pitfalls out there. And I am no longer new to stacking and am learning new stuff all the time.

Shiny, I use "idiot" in a very loose term.

I do however, feel that people are very silly making their first bullion purchase on eBay, rather than from a reputable seller.

I think the best way to learn is research, preferably prior to purchasing any bullion.

Like I said, I term myself as an idiot as I purchased fakes on eBay too. About 30 of them in one purchase. I learned that lesson very quickly, and it was far from my first purchase!!!

Apologies if I offended.

Stacker since 2013

No Apologies needed Danny. Not offended in any way. I am trying to make the point that the scammers on ebay are numerous and need to be cleaned out of ebay. Ebay does nothing except occasionally when enough fuss is made and the scammer closed down which is good for all. Anyway for me I stay away . I was in ebay in a big way for 8 years but not with PMs I was a military button collector and just about cornered the market LOL, when I finally sold them I was shocked on the return in that time period. This was my start into PMs.with the money. I buy the odd thing other than PMs of ebay and still maintain my account but definitely no PMs now after the first foolish purchase.

If the seller promoted his product in the silver bullion section then I would assume he has misrepresented his product and the fact that he stated ( plate or 100mils ) etc in the small print would still be a violation so raise a case with PayPal and eBay and see if you can claim a refund.

• 1 year later...

Terrific help to us stackers - thanks for posting this very informative video which I recommend to anyone buying from the Bay that isn't 100% confident in their purchases.

Archived