• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Wrong strategy - regret my purchases - tip for starters

Ron

6 hours ago, SilverGameOfThrones said:

Things to avoid :

Stacking BIG  major multi million government coins with $2-3 premium  like ASE,  Maples, Kangaroos, Britannias, Philharmonics . With the same spot price u will never get u premium back . Any local shop will give 1$ max over spot so there is no reason to buy this over good generic rounds like Sunshine

Depends where you live. Topic author is from Europe.  We pay VAT on silver bars and generic rounds. To avoid VAT we need to buy government issued coins. But due too this situation the demand for these coins is higher, which reflects in retrieving par of the premium over spot when selling.

Example, I can currently buy 1 oz silver BU maple for €2,04 over spot. I can sell that same coin to the dealer I have bought it from for €1,28 over spot. The spread between buying and selling therefore is €0,76 or 4,24% from buying price. It doesn't get much better then this for us in Europe.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two thirds of my silver consists of generic bullion coins, the other of collector coins from the Perth Mint, Pandas and others. That is my strategy for diversification. Just in case the silver price manipulation by JP Morgan and other banks does continue for another few decades, at least my collector coins do go up in value. For example, some collector coins I bought in 2012/2013 have doubled in value so far. I see my silver as an insurance against a shtf scenario and if that does not happen, then it will be for my retirement. Buying just bullion silver, like the Britannia, I consider as "putting all eggs in one basket." I think it will work for me as my silver investment is for the long-term; it might not suit everyone. 

Archived