• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Perth mint and the Lunar Series

Just an observation but I can’t help but feel that the lunar series doesn’t seem to hold the same appeal as it once did.

Such quality coins from one of the best mints in the world aren’t selling as easily as they once did. I’ve even noticed rarer 2oz and 10oz designs that are well priced are harder to shift and tend to only sell at knock down prices. 

The Lunar series 3 is due end of this year I wonder how it will be received going forward?

@Oystonousted As a series, Lunar S2 1oz Bu & proof are in bargain territory ATM the only expensive coin out of those 24 coins is the proof tiger which makes around £140-150.

2oz Bu mouse still makes big money £280-320 the rest are cheap. S2 Proof 2oz are cheap as chips except mouse & a very good buy ATM.

Re Lunar 3 if designs are appealing it will sell, I'll only be buying the proofs though if it is an interesting series.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

18 minutes ago, Oystonousted said:

I had a 10oz lunar 2 Ox for sale a bit back for around £200 ish...... not a whiff of interest lol

I think the Ox is the ugliest design of the Lunar S2, i would only buy them for completing a set not for the beauty of the coin.

@TheBeast  Absolutely agree, S2 ox design is dire, although rare in 2oz & 10oz price has come back a lot on those two coins over the last 2-3 years, mouse a nice design still makes big money in all sizes except 1oz & kilo.

11 minutes ago, motorbikez said:

@TheBeast  Absolutely agree, S2 ox design is dire, although rare in 2oz & 10oz price has come back a lot on those two coins over the last 2-3 years, mouse a nice design still makes big money in all sizes except 1oz & kilo.

I was thinking about doing a S2 10oz date run as i bought the Mouse last for a resonable price, but i the think the S2 will not be as desireble as the S1 series, and the most prices will be quite stable because of the higher mintages so it has no priority ATM.

I bumped on a 10oz S1 proof snake last thursday and bought it for almost the same price as the BU. I think it will fit perfect in my collection 👍🏻

11 minutes ago, TheBeast said:

I bumped on a 10oz S1 proof snake last thursday and bought it for almost the same price as the BU. I think it will fit perfect in my collection 👍🏻

The reason you got the proof snake nearly same price as BU is because Perth mint never issued 10oz  silver proofs as singles, any 10oz proofs have come from a Kilo set that has been split up. It is none the less an interesting addition to a Lunar fans collection.

32 minutes ago, motorbikez said:

The reason you got the proof snake nearly same price as BU is because Perth mint never issued 10oz  silver proofs as singles, any 10oz proofs have come from a Kilo set that has been split up. It is none the less an interesting addition to a Lunar fans collection.

As the kilo proof set is a little to exspensive for me i thought this would be great addition to my 10oz set. For me the only way to own a 10oz S1 proof 👍🏻

Archived