• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold 1g panda coins

Guybrush

I was considering collecting a set (and continuing the run) of the 1g china panda coins.  After doing a bit of research I find some confusing information so was hoping someone wouldnt mind pointing me in the right direction and giving advise.

It looks like there was a 1g gold panda released in 1991 and then they stopped but when they started again isnt clear.  I can only find 2016 but was there one released 2014/2015 (Or even before this date)

I've found information saying they was 10 yuan on each coin but NGC seems to have them listed at 20
https://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/chinese-coin-prices-detail.aspx?lang=en-US&ChineseSetID=1523&subcat=gold-panda-coin-prices

Where there more than one?

As a side not, if I did so for a run, should I get graded (I would want them all graded the same) so either all ms 69 or all ms 70, or should I just get them in OMP only?

Any clarification/advise would be appreciated :D

I belive it is best to keep them in OMP

Dont send them in for grading, the cost will be to high

Better and cheaper to buy graded

If you get some high valued, then you can send them in to be graded

2016 they went from 1/20 oz to 1g

The China Panda bullion gold program started in 1982. That year they issued coins in 1, 1/2, 1/4 & 1/10 troz sizes. From 1983 - 2015, they issued 1/20 in addition to the 1 - 1/10 troz. Beginning 2016 to the present, they have since gone metric and the weight sizes are now 30, 15, 8, 3 & 1 gram.

Oh thanks, that makes sense, I think I just want to stick to the 1g from 2016 then because I dont have to back date so far :P

There are more available (and cheaper) in OMP so I think I will look into that.  Because I want them as a personal thing (IE nice coins to have) is there any nice way of displaying these in their OMP at all?

Archived