• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2015 Libertad timing?

Lindeman

Hi, I know there are a few big Libertad fans in the forum, - so can anyone share when next years releases come out? Both the bullion and the lovely proof sets....

I want to snag some 2 and 5 oz coins, as they are the stars of the set in my view (probably because I don't have any yet!!).

Not sure which provider lists them first, and since this is my first year in this game...I'm trying to guess when they will appear. The Perth Mint seem to be sharpest at getting next year into this year. Maybe a slower pace in Mexico?!

Rumour has it , mintage of bullion coins will be lower this year, with 1oz bu coming in under 1,000,000 Also libertads are normally released late February early march most years. Mint is already tooling up for 2015 . 2014 proof libertads could be a very low mintage this year with dealers getting a fraction of there allowance. 7 coin proof set is selling on average 3 x it's issue price, if you can get one ( mintage of 250 for sets). 5 oz and 2oz proofs selling for $ 60.00 an ounce , also in very short supply . Interesting year this year , went from feast to famine , and maybe back to feast next year, but no one really knows until mintage figures are released from mint . If you have your 2014 proofs ,hang on to them, many collectors are still looking to buy

Thanks guys! Good info for me. Guess I will wait till next Spring. I see some 7 coin proof sets on eBay from 2014 for £780 boxed. But I think I am going to pass on the proofs. I would be happy just with one each of the regular 2 and 5 oz just to compare to the 1 oz.

• 5 months later...

My First Ever Coloured Silver Purchase!...I have crossed to the dark side...

post-207-0-55416700-1429157256_thumb.jpg

These coins are colored by a private company in Germany.  New series of Landmarks of Mexico... Mintage 2500.

http://www.thecoinshoppe.ca/2015-1-oz-s … chen-itza/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-oz-Silver-Special-Edition-Libertad-Pyramid-of-the-Sun-Mexico-2015-coloured-/311337378409?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item487d276269

https://en.emk.com/artikel/0/33489/mexico-2015

Cheers,
Luker

Well Luker--- that is quite something. Is it a Libertad? Not exactly....

Have to ask - are you happy with it, going to buy more. ? I haven't crossed yet, but I have bought so e NZ coins with green stones in them!!

Finally - what's on the other side (of the coin). ?

Archived