• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

When a developer gets bored - queens beast app

Guybrush

Got bored and decided to graph out the lions vs how must I paid for them.  When I first started stacking the "Stack and flip" method was touted quite a bit so after just buying anything, then getting some premium and then some to flip (Feel free to read any story about mistakes, and how your stack changes over time)   Ultimately my goal is to be able to see all my metals and charts in one place.

Anyway here is a little graph showing the profit I could take from the 2oz lions I purchased in 2016.

queensbeastlion.png

Just now, Toddie said:

If i'm not mistaken, you got a nice little £40 bargain in December.

No, someone did but not me.  Perhaps I should explain it.  The green line is my investment cost, how much I paid per coin.  The blue line it what they are fetching at the last auction price  (I've just added functions to show me this after any fees too), the red is the current buy now at last price (All are actual sold items)

This allows me to see (f I was to sell today) how much profit/loss I would expect.  With my updates, the one showing minus all fees. I can see that I could cash out of my lions today and expect to make about £10 per coin at auction assuming I use the £1 max selling fees offer ebay does.

I am adding all my coins so I can see the exact profit (Or loss) on each coin I purchase and track the results.  It should help with timing when flipping coins I have purchased for that reason.

Not really sure how useful this is, really.

Just looking at the volatility of the blue "auction" line tells me that that the same coin could have fetched anywhere between £48-£67 in the last 3 months just depending on the luck of the auction. Spot price hasn't jumped around that much. 

The only real way to know how much you'll fetch is to actually try selling them, which is why highly liquid coins prove the most reliable in what you can reasonably expect to fetch.

I would say its very useful, at a glance I can see what the last selling price was and if its trending up, there are always going to be abnormalities like with the red line and someone sold their lion for £40.  This isnt even 3 months data so I would not expect it to be perfect but another few months and clear trend lines will show.

There is one auction ending in just under 2 days and sure enough it's on target to be on the line.  Having data to provide some idea of profit/loss is always going to be useful, especially when I do this across my whole stack and can see what to move out of.

With regards to the spot price your right, I've actually looked into API's to fetch it so I can just see "premiums" data but these are £30 a month and I would rather buy metal with it :P

It's a work in progress though and I prefer having this data in what essentially replaces a spread sheet and gives me the actual current market data on top.

Archived