• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Tudor Yale - is this normal?

I've taken closer look at 10oz Yale of Beaufort I purchased some time ago and i noticed that the security pattern has straight line there. Like some of this little dots are a bit higher or lower than rest of them. I'm not sure, but it's clearly visible when I move the coin. Can you see anything similar on yours, if you've got this one?

350804783_1242045393367022_3256022765759300357_n.thumb.jpg.45e681ec62b8a0014e75971557601ada.jpg 

350716542_171219199003909_4658334804167522274_n.thumb.jpg.4e3729a034b17d2c1d4d5b8b9f49dfb3.jpg

351427554_1182543372414599_6208702784647736631_n.thumb.jpg.fe77aad30bf43517b04226d6591eb3ff.jpg

I don't own one of these coins, so i can't check. The security pattern on this coin is meant to resemble chain mail, and one would presume is difficult to replicate. So I would say as long as your pattern looks to match up with the real deal and you bought it from a reputable and well known coin dealer, then it's almost certainly genuine. The royal mint have been known to produce a lot of coins with mint errors, so perhaps this is some kind of mint error on with the seemingly out of place dots. But this is coming from someone who is just an enthusiastic amateur, so take my opinion with a pinch of salt.

Edited by KleinerVogel

Thanks for reply. I have no doubt that coin is genuine, it's 100% silver, security pattern on obverse side is perfect, and i bought it from reputable dealer. I think too it's due to some production error, i was just wondering it's common with this particular coin. 

1 hour ago, 0laf5on said:

Thanks for reply. I have no doubt that coin is genuine, it's 100% silver, security pattern on obverse side is perfect, and i bought it from reputable dealer. I think too it's due to some production error, i was just wondering it's common with this particular coin. 

Indeed, I am interested to know that as well, you never know if it's a mint error and it's a rare one at that, it could fetch a more attractive price should you ever sell it in the future. Or it could just be a quirk with that coin that is common. I wish I had one in my hand to check it. Let me know if you ever find out.

Cheers.