• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Coin show pickups/question

SilverNoob

So I went to my first coin show this weekend, Gulf Coast Coin Show in Biloxi, Mississippi.  Saw a lot of things that I could not ascertain the value of except that it was way the hell over melt, but here's what I bought:

Pile of Canadian dollars, $11 USD each, 25 total.

A poured bar for $20...does anyone recognize it?  It's 30 grams, other side stamped same except 1991 instead of 1921, I can't find anything with the same markings online.  The guy I bought it from only had this one displayed, and really didn't seem sure what it was himself.

Last, I got 2 5oz Perth L2 Monkeys for $110 each and 5 1oz L2 Monkeys for $22.50 each.  Didn't bother with pics b/c everyone knows what they are.  So how did I do?  Good buys, or a noob throwing cash in the fire?

IMG_0255.JPG

IMG_0257.JPG

I thought the Canadians were priced well, pretty close to melt.  It's hard for me to find anything American for less than 20x face in small quantities, which I feel is far overpriced and I'm better off buying generic bullion.  On the Soviet bar, I figured Russian when I bought it based on the hammer and sickle. Based on the number stamped on the edge, I don't think it's very old.  AM04132016KB has me thinking it was stamped on 13 APR 2016.  I like it, so I took a $20 risk on it, but haven't been able to find anything similar searching the web.  The guy I bought it from didn't know anything about it, and said he thought I'd have paid him $25 for it after I paid him, but he's wrong.  I like it for $20, not enough for $25.

Archived