• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Aztec Calendar 5oz Silver Round - How many minted

BYK

39 minutes ago, Gordy said:

Bullion coin made by Golden State Mint, no limits on mintage as far as I'm aware

I know its not a proof. But would you say its a collectible and may go up in value ?

1 minute ago, BYK said:

I know its not a proof. But would you say its a collectible and may go up in value ?

now thats a hard one, I'd say it has collectors value at least..... and you know you can start with a little 1/10th one and work your way up to a full set... I have loads of 1/10ths left 😂

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

1 minute ago, Gordy said:

now thats a hard one, I'd say it has collectors value at least..... and you know you can start with a little 1/10th one and work your way up to a full set... I have loads of 1/10ths left 😂

Hahah you tryna up sale lol

I'm interested in the 5oz round. 1/10th will be so small you can't appreciate the artwork. 

Did you import yours ? Or buy from an importer?

Just now, BYK said:

Hahah you tryna up sale lol

I'm interested in the 5oz round. 1/10th will be so small you can't appreciate the artwork. 

Did you import yours ? Or buy from an importer?

I imported them in.... took about a week with FEDEX, Customs charge and VAT raped though... 

1 minute ago, Gordy said:

I imported them in.... took about a week with FEDEX, Customs charge and VAT raped though... 

if you bulk buy you get them cheaper, and the shipping costs work out cheaper per oz if you buy more too... 

Just now, Gordy said:

if you bulk buy you get them cheaper, and the shipping costs work out cheaper per oz if you buy more too... 

I thought you could get away with the vat because its imported. Is it luck of the draw or do customs always know its silver because of the sender ?

I've seen the 5oz advertised on here I might bite the bullet and just buy one. But at £180 incl vat 

It's basically double spot price. 

24 minutes ago, BYK said:

I thought you could get away with the vat because its imported. Is it luck of the draw or do customs always know its silver because of the sender ?

I've seen the 5oz advertised on here I might bite the bullet and just buy one. But at £180 incl vat 

It's basically double spot price. 

yep, but to be honest most silver sold has a premium of 20+% above spot at least and we all know how this market works, its about personal choice.

you very rarely get away with VAT on imports, you only get away with it if you bring it in personally and then there is an allowance of around £390.00 per person, anything over that needs declaring

The sender needs to delcare what is in the package but sometimes if they describe it as a medal it can slip through but when buying a few items it will more likely get flagged for VAT

10 hours ago, Gordy said:

yep, but to be honest most silver sold has a premium of 20+% above spot at least and we all know how this market works, its about personal choice.

you very rarely get away with VAT on imports, you only get away with it if you bring it in personally and then there is an allowance of around £390.00 per person, anything over that needs declaring

The sender needs to delcare what is in the package but sometimes if they describe it as a medal it can slip through but when buying a few items it will more likely get flagged for VAT

20% I can live with however I was working out the premium on this Aztec 5 pounds round and I'm paying more in premium than the silver value. 

I was under the impression a lot of these dealers imported without paying vat. 

For example atkinsons and chards are normally cheaper than the Royal mint. 

And even sellers on this forum sell there silver cheaper than those dealers?