• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Should I sell my sovereigns?

GoldFort

Hi all,

I have two 2022 sovereign coins that I’m not too keen on. 1x half sovereign and 1 quarter sovereign. The only thing that I really like about them are the 2022 redesigns, which I guess makes them special in a way. But I’m wondering if I should buy another 1/4 sov from any year to complete the sovereign, or sell both soverigns and put the money towards a 1/4britannia or a couloir of 1/10 britannias. 

I really don’t get that gold satisfaction from gold sovereigns at all :( 

I picked up some 1/10 britannias and I regret it, they are tiny and when it comes time to sell you do have a wider audience due to cost being low but it also means more trips to the post office and more packaging materials to find. Getting the premium back you paid to the dealer will be more difficult also when shipping is also involved in these smaller purchases.

I would say the sweet spot is the full sovereign, 1/4 britannia or 1oz britannias if you don't want sovereigns. I prefer the 999.9 gold as well but I think sovereigns are more liquid on the forums.

My recommendation is buy full older sovereigns as close to spot and in as good condition as you can. The older sovereigns are more yellow in colour, I don't think many like the pink modern sovereigns.

If no satisfaction you have to options. 
1/ sell now and buy something you enjoy immediately. 
2/ wait and hope the special design will go up in value and sell later. 

i know my opinion on the pink sovs is not popular but I like it very much. It makes for something different than all the other yellow gold coins you can find. I’m my case it is what drew me to collect them in the first place. 

16 minutes ago, fiveshotdon said:

I picked up some 1/10 britannias and I regret it, they are tiny and when it comes time to sell you do have a wider audience due to cost being low but it also means more trips to the post office and more packaging materials to find. Getting the premium back you paid to the dealer will be more difficult also when shipping is also involved in these smaller purchases.

I would say the sweet spot is the full sovereign, 1/4 britannia or 1oz britannias if you don't want sovereigns. I prefer the 999.9 gold as well but I think sovereigns are more liquid on the forums.

My recommendation is buy full older sovereigns as close to spot and in as good condition as you can. The older sovereigns are more yellow in colour, I don't think many like the pink modern sovereigns.

How big are the 1/10 gold Britannia's compared to half and 1/4 sovs? I got a 1/10 platinum brit & its small but bigger than the 1/4sov, so slightly more satisfying to look it. 

I think i might have to stop playing around and get a 1/4 Britannia, im going to buy one today & Sell the 1/4 sov. Do we need a special membership to sell on this forum?   

21 minutes ago, Bxlsteve said:

If no satisfaction you have to options. 
1/ sell now and buy something you enjoy immediately. 
2/ wait and hope the special design will go up in value and sell later. 

i know my opinion on the pink sovs is not popular but I like it very much. It makes for something different than all the other yellow gold coins you can find. I’m my case it is what drew me to collect them in the first place. 

You're right, they do stand out and the colour is  growing on me. think im going to do your first suggestion. It's  hard to hold something when you dont feel 100% about it. Ill sell the 1/4 and keep the half sov & pick up another half in the future & put the money from the 1/4 sov towards a 1/4gold brit