• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Best coins to order from STG

Webster

Most of the coins on STG are great, and come down to personal preference at the end but it really depends 'who' you are when you are buying coins.

If you want semi-numi's then kooks and panda's are good because they change designs every year. I do like britannia's...

I bought one of each coin from Silvertrader, when I was considering/researching, and established my fav list that you see below in my signature.

Also If you want coins that are relatively 'easily to sell' then I think having some coins of the HGM selling list is a good reference point.

http://www.hattongardenmetals.com/sell-scrap-gold.aspx

If you are a stacker then I think this video explains it nicely why the 'boring' coins are good to have.

Cheers man, im in for the long haul so I want something that has more value but still is affordable. That is why I was thinking kooks, plus I like the design! Ill take a look at the video later, what do you think to the Bavarian mint elephants ?

all of this is my opinion from what I have learned in the time I have learned in the time I've been stacking.

if your in it for the long haul buy up ASEs and Brits just to add Oz's to your stack for around 13 14 quid.

if you want to make a bit of money before the **** hits the fan buy up kooks and pandas as they seem to hold there premiums and even last years panda is for sale for something close to 30 quid on STG - whereas this years is around 19. quick flip the ones that change design like kooks and pandas in a few years. long term stack the cheap stuff for 13 quid and IF spot hits 25 pound you can sell it to the scrap man for a decent return, you wouldn't want to scrap in a coin like a kook or panda that will still command a high premium over spot!

anything from the Perth mint is usually a safe bet.

Somali elephants are cheap, proof like finish and also change designs every year.

hope this helps

happy stacking!

Ive added Panda's to my stack. I am not a fan of cheap silver bullion, but I have a  different strategy to others so each to their own.

I am trying to get some 2oz Kraken rounds in, also I will be looking to add Queens beast in the upcoming months.

I would rather hold 3 months outgoings in cash than chance my luck should I need a fire sale.

Thanks for the really good advice guys! Appreciate it. The livertads are the Mexican ones right? Might get a panda when I feel like I'm balling for cash , but at the moment, I think I will buy some kooks and some cheaper ones. Out of the cheaper ones which would you recommend, really like the Bavarians , or the libertads.

Recent years of the elephants are very prone to milk spots. Every tube I've bought has had at least 2 coins that would be considered damaged / flawed. Britannias, Eagles or Libertads for me, whichever can be had the cheapest. Or the 2 oz turtles, they're cheap and lovely!

The thing is - Name a coin that doesn't get milk spots, I've got lunar with milk spots.

I thought that only the RCM coins get milk spots, but actually all coins do - just some are more susceptible than others!

If spot goes mental it wont matter if they have milk spots or not! they just wont necessarily hold a premium over spot to collectors!

well done on the 8 pound an oz @Webster

@Spencer - I agree that most coins seem to be prone to milk spots, but the shiny finish on the Elephants makes every blemish really noticeable. As a fan of short term flipping, I've been burned once too often with spotty Elephants. 

Archived