• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Scottsdale 2oz Stacker Round

OldCoin

I just ordered a number of these, they are certainly worth the interest I think and 2 oz coins seem to get a larger premium I suppose due to rarity. Note the seller accepted fractionally under $10 discount on each on that eBay link

On 22/03/2021 at 14:42, OldCoin said:

I just ordered a number of these, they are certainly worth the interest I think and 2 oz coins seem to get a larger premium I suppose due to rarity. Note the seller accepted fractionally under $10 discount on each on that eBay link

These are severely overpriced at more than 50% over spot. There's no point in buying retail silver right now – you'll almost certainly lose money given the inflated premiums.

3 minutes ago, Bimetallic said:

These are severely overpriced at more than 50% over spot. There's no point in buying retail silver right now – you'll almost certainly lose money given the inflated premiums.

Yes we're all a bit peeved at the premiums which suit the dealers more than the buyers, time will tell about the shortages and what's really looming on the horizon.

It depends where you buy, I paid $95 au on ebay for these, and spot is about $33, it was at my limit for a premium but when I weighed up the facts I was happy to proceed to secure a few, partly due to their appeal in the mintage being exquisite and partly due to wanting a 2oz round as I have none. If the price is right in the secondary market I say go for it, I secured some KOOKs in the last few weeks at $38 at the time $4 over spot, same deal on ebay.

One last thing, I went by a coin shop yesterday, in passing the silver shortage dialogue came up to which I am slightly pessimistic however I know enough to see that supply and premiums are jacked all the way back to the mines and foundries partly due to covid, then there's the very concerning fact leased gold and silver used to cost the lessee a premium to store it by the lessor, that has now reversed in favor of the lessee now pays 1% premium to lease it. This was due to the strict security requirements and their costs. That is a significant development.

Without getting off track the fella told me he knows 30 people of many hundreds worldwide who own or who thought they owned unallocated at Perth, whom have apparently all demanded delivery. Perth apparently sent a massive amount in bowing to the Comex whims, to help them not being caught short, Alistair Mcleod talked about this with Dunigan Keiser on Liberty and Finance Chanel on YT in the last week. The short of it is there is some sort of supply storm and some have gone as far as to speculate this could even put the mint into voluntary liquidation however I wouldn't go that far. I imagine court cases will be proceeding though, and the demanded allocations will need to be met at the current prices upon date of request, not in 6 months when the mint has apparently said they will have the necessary supply. I'm just relaying the sentiment and what I've heard for the sake of awareness, as to the exact nature of the details and storm brewing time will tell. When the facts are conformable if the cat gets out of the bag we will know for sure. 

The crux is if you want Perth mintage silver it might be a good time to get it now, and you will have trouble getting anything direct from them for a long time, so what's on the market still wont last long, then what? Is anyone's guess?

The dealers would perhaps argue they are hedging against a price run and supply shortage, but they've taken it too far. I say shop around, I've found dealer premiums are double what others dealers are charging on same coins, I wouldn't pay more than $10 AUD over spot myself right now, unless it's very special.

there is always that idea to wait but that window may be short, AND the chart shows silver sideways building a strong base of resistance, I wouldn't expect a massive drop unless another black swan swims, and I wouldn't mind betting the premiums never go back to the old normal. Interested to hear peoples thought's ?

Archived