• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Coin Cabinet cancels their support of TSF

ChrisSilver

• Founder & Administrator

The Coin Cabinet’s Official (@TheCoinCabinet) Sponsorship expired on 16th January 2020. I sent three messages to them before I got a reply, they have decided not to renew. I asked them if they were able to be open and honest and let me know their reasons for not wanting to renew as we are always looking to improve the forum. They didn’t reply. I sent a further three messages since, but they have only just replied to me today.

I am always open, honest and direct in any communication with any member and to any business that I have communicated with. And I appreciate those who are open and honest with me.

He has told me that his reason for not renewing is that he doesn’t get much interest from the forum. This simply isn’t true as members had created topics for each auction and were discussing items in each auction in detail, many members also had purchased from them and publicly posted about their purchases.

He also had concerns that there aren’t enough gold investors/collectors on the forum. I strongly disagree with this, as can be seen from posts on the forum there are a large amount of members interested in gold. At the time of writing there are over 59,900 posts about Gold on the forum (at the same time 86,900 about silver, so gold topics make up a large % of the topics on the forum). A lot of forum members exclusively collect/invest in gold only. Despite the forum being called 'The Silver Forum' there are a large amount of gold collectors/investors on the forum, some of which have made purchases in his actions.

Their Official Sponsorship and sidebar banner was given to them at a rate of only £371 per year, which is the equivalent monthly rate of only £30.92. 

It is unfortunate that after having gained a large exposure of their auctions on The Silver Forum that they then decided to cancel their support of the forum.

It is always saddening to see when companies use the forum for their own financial benefit and do not want to give back anything to the community which has helped their business. I have paid and continue to pay a lot into advertising and promotions to help bring more awareness of The Silver Forum which is in turn beneficial to all members and businesses on the forum.

Thank you to the Premium Members who help to support TSF with a Premium Membership, and to the businesses who have remained loyal Official Sponsors of the forum.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Archived